What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day v The Chooks.

carinashark

First Grade
We could learn from the Roosters. The way they give away penalties in their own 10 meters to slow the game and reset their defence. Only if you have confidence in your defence. And make every tackle a physical assault, not pretty . Example Suli’s tackle on WK. Almost illegal, but. Certainly slowed him down for a bit.

We really lack an enforcer - I think we looked like we were getting bullied at times, particularly in the first half.
I referenced it after our last loss, we’ve become a very pretty team - we like the silky moves and spreading it wide. We don’t look like we want to do the tough, dirty stuff. We’d rather look at the ref and hold our heads hoping to find a cheap way out of trouble; rather than rolling up our sleeves, biting down on the mouth guard and doing all the stuff Gal loved to do - we really miss a Gal type. Finucane is great and of similar ilk, but he doesn’t have the intimidation factor (but was still sorely missed today).
People are saying they’re off Katoa…. For me, Ronnie is lucky I have some serious man love for him, because since his jaw injury, I’m seeing a bit of cat in him. Him and Nikora are always looking for a penalty. And the thing I fell in love with Ronnie for was his kamikaze kick returns, they appear gone. He’s still a very good winger, but he needs to get back to playing good hard footy.
Very pleased with Hazleton, offered more than our other bench rotations usually do.
Bit harsh on Ronnie.

I love his energy and his skills.

Unfortunately his concussions may have a bit to do with his toned down hard runs into the defence from kick returns.

Chimp, Totally agree with the lack of an enforcer. We are also carrying too many old legs in the team. Graham, Tolman and Fifita. Please last year for all three.

Gallen Towers

Juniors
Bit harsh on Ronnie.

I love his energy and his skills.

Unfortunately his concussions may have a bit to do with his toned down hard runs into the defence from kick returns.

Chimp, Totally agree with the lack of an enforcer. We are also carrying too many old legs in the team. Graham, Tolman and Fifita. Please last year for all three.

Definitely the last year for Tolman and Fifita.

Graham might get 1 more year by the sounds of things, but the concern there is if your back row is Graham/Nikora/McInnes, it makes the pack pretty small. Not enough size.

Weaponhead

Coach
Iro is being shopped to the ESL by his management it was reported last week. Something must be off there as we are his third club in the last 4 years
His father played the majority of his career in England. He may see it as a more effective pathway to get to the top level.