What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day v The Chooks.

Quigs

Immortal
Maybe the rorting Chooks might of played some exceptional footy in the first 40. There was some awesome shit going down and unfortunately we couldn't match it.

Post game interviews chook players were saying that that was their best half this year. They were red hot.

I honestly think we didn't play that bad. Youse just get games like that.

Anyhow I still blame Scummo.

Chimp

Juniors
We really lack an enforcer - I think we looked like we were getting bullied at times, particularly in the first half.
I referenced it after our last loss, we’ve become a very pretty team - we like the silky moves and spreading it wide. We don’t look like we want to do the tough, dirty stuff. We’d rather look at the ref and hold our heads hoping to find a cheap way out of trouble; rather than rolling up our sleeves, biting down on the mouth guard and doing all the stuff Gal loved to do - we really miss a Gal type. Finucane is great and of similar ilk, but he doesn’t have the intimidation factor (but was still sorely missed today).
People are saying they’re off Katoa…. For me, Ronnie is lucky I have some serious man love for him, because since his jaw injury, I’m seeing a bit of cat in him. Him and Nikora are always looking for a penalty. And the thing I fell in love with Ronnie for was his kamikaze kick returns, they appear gone. He’s still a very good winger, but he needs to get back to playing good hard footy.
Very pleased with Hazleton, offered more than our other bench rotations usually do.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We seriously need to get our best 17 back on the park because we are scraping the barrel atm.

2 debuts in 2 weeks tells a story.

That they were 2 of the better players? They got given simple jobs and did them simply. Effectively though. The rest of whatever the others do is complex and it seems is the only option which unfortunately need all the stars aligned.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
We really lack an enforcer - I think we looked like we were getting bullied at times, particularly in the first half.
I referenced it after our last loss, we’ve become a very pretty team - we like the silky moves and spreading it wide. We don’t look like we want to do the tough, dirty stuff. We’d rather look at the ref and hold our heads hoping to find a cheap way out of trouble; rather than rolling up our sleeves, biting down on the mouth guard and doing all the stuff Gal loved to do - we really miss a Gal type. Finucane is great and of similar ilk, but he doesn’t have the intimidation factor (but was still sorely missed today).
People are saying they’re off Katoa…. For me, Ronnie is lucky I have some serious man love for him, because since his jaw injury, I’m seeing a bit of cat in him. Him and Nikora are always looking for a penalty. And the thing I fell in love with Ronnie for was his kamikaze kick returns, they appear gone. He’s still a very good winger, but he needs to get back to playing good hard footy.
Very pleased with Hazleton, offered more than our other bench rotations usually do.

Yes or as I have been saying we need a mongrel prop. Agree on Ronnie as well but still better than Katoa. Just wish Ronnie would ditch the theatrics and gamesmanship. Just go as hard as you can Ronnie. By the way, he was fairly well bashed up last night too.

Hazelton can be the new Prior. He won't be the mongrel we need but will be the draft horse we need

shadowboxer

First Grade
Maybe the rorting Chooks might of played some exceptional footy in the first 40. There was some awesome shit going down and unfortunately we couldn't match it.

Post game interviews chook players were saying that that was their best half this year. They were red hot.

I honestly think we didn't play that bad. Youse just get games like that.

Anyhow I still blame Scummo.
You going all fluffy?
Agree the roosters were white hot at times but we were poor, really poor at times.
They just bashed us and we don’t have the fire power or mindset.
Mind you we are probally where we should be - somewhere at the bottom of the 8

Frenzy.

Immortal
You going all fluffy?
Agree the roosters were white hot at times but we were poor, really poor at times.
They just bashed us and we don’t have the fire power or mindset.
Mind you we are probally where we should be - somewhere at the bottom of the 8

It's his turn.

I've tried it, didn't like it.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Average night out and not just on the field.
How the club thinks it’s acceptable to for punters to stand in line for an eternity for a beer is beyond me - 20 mins or more is ridiculous.
And the new stupid recording of the “sharkies” chant when we were applying so called pressure - please shoot it from a cannon into the mangroves. What is with that? Sounds like a 2 year old playing a snare drum and a bunch of junior fluffies on crack….
If your a casual fan, you could do a lot better sitting at home than dealing with the rubbish they peddling. Disappointed…again

Chimp

Juniors
I would be going Lodge. We need someone like him now
Unfortunately, I probably agree - he’s the sort of player we’re missing.
I absolutely hate blokes staying down for a penalty, but our blokes look like they really really want to stay down, but know they’re playing for a club where that goes against the core values, but they’re still really really want the cheap penalty, so we get this half arsed version….. and it shits me insane…. Either milk it properly and get the penalty (and I’ll hate you), or get up, play the ball and we’ll miss out on a fair few penalties we should get (and I’ll still hate you)

Chimp

Juniors
Unfortunately, I probably agree - he’s the sort of player we’re missing.
I absolutely hate blokes staying down for a penalty, but our blokes look like they really really want to stay down, but know they’re playing for a club where that goes against the core values, but they’re still really really want the cheap penalty, so we get this half arsed version….. and it shits me insane…. Either milk it properly and get the penalty (and I’ll hate you), or get up, play the ball and we’ll miss out on a fair few penalties we should get (and I’ll still hate you)
*unless you’re Gal

R-15-3

Juniors
As much as I hate to agree, other teams are laying down and we need to follow to make it a level playing field.
It won’t magically make our forwards better tho.

Frenzy.

Immortal
As much as I hate to agree, other teams are laying down and we need to follow to make it a level playing field.
It won’t magically make our forwards better tho.
They need to know when first. Ronnie's thespian efforts were embarrassing and counter productive.

Windy70

Juniors
Very disappointing. Next week will be less painful to watch. But after that with these blokes ? Who knows.

Certainly can't train them to be bigger. Gotta pay by the kilo sometimes.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Knew we were in trouble from the kick off when Ronny called for it then just stopped still.

Latest posts