What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day versus the Beagles

Bob Scott

Juniors
After watching this round games i would be a worried supporter of either the Knights or Manly , in over 40 years of watching league i don't recall 2 teams that are so reliant on one player to fire , so if either of Ponga or TT go down they are both F@#KED .
Just watching Manly last night when TT went off they went to shit , looked a totally different team , and when the knights have been without Ponga well they just aren't competitive .
Whilst i would love a star player in my team i would much prefer a star team , and here's hoping that's what is building .

Stake Removed

First Grade
Chambers was on a suicide mission. If the shit hits the fan not many of the forwards are going to back him up. Deadset, it would probably be left to Connor Tracey to come in as the enforcer.
I would say if something broke out, Chambers would have Ronaldo, Williams maybe Trindall as backup

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yeah , i don't know , we're pretty sure he's not a half or a centre , a reasonable winger ,so i ask how much does he bring , often seems to get dominated in defence , doesn't run thru walls running it back , i know he tries hard but i'm just not convinced . The best description i can give is he seems like the poor man's Connor Watson , who seems to me to really brings some punch when gets on the park , i notice him . I'll trust Fitz to get more out of him , but if the rumours are true about our interest about CW then i think that is an upgrade .
He could well be Braileys back up, hooker could be his go

Bob Scott

Juniors
He could well be Braileys back up, hooker could be his go
Possibly , but i think it is more likely we will start with McInnes at hooker then Brailey coming on at the 20/25 min mark and McInnes going to 13 , Brailey is still so young for a hooker and to be playing whole games , he needs mentoring so i think next season could be where he gets a bit more education .
I'm happy for Tracey to stay i just don't know where he fits , but then i'm not paid to , i'm sure Fitz will sort it .
The forwards are going to be a whole different beast next couple of seasons , i still think there is an addition or 2 to come as well .

Quicksilver

Bench
Yeah , i don't know , we're pretty sure he's not a half or a centre , a reasonable winger ,so i ask how much does he bring , often seems to get dominated in defence , doesn't run thru walls running it back , i know he tries hard but i'm just not convinced . The best description i can give is he seems like the poor man's Connor Watson , who seems to me to really brings some punch when gets on the park , i notice him . I'll trust Fitz to get more out of him , but if the rumours are true about our interest about CW then i think that is an upgrade .

Having a proper team (f**k off cap sponges like Dugan that just don’t feel like playing), and a proper pre-season should improve these fringe guys.

We’ve almost been relying on the likes of Conor Tracey to do the heavy lifting while covering a range of different positions on the park each week.

He’s a Mr Fixit type operator, but he should be changing a spark plug. Not rebuilding the whole f**king engine.

Bob Scott

Juniors
Having a proper team (f**k off cap sponges like Dugan that just don’t feel like playing), and a proper pre-season should improve these fringe guys.

We’ve almost been relying on the likes of Conor Tracey to do the heavy lifting while covering a range of different positions on the park each week.

He’s a Mr Fixit type operator, but he should be changing a spark plug. Not rebuilding the whole f**king engine.
I agree , that's why i don't mind if he stay's , he's never had a chance to nail down a regular anything . I love the guys willing and his toughness , but sometimes it's not enough . If Fitz see's enough that's good enough for me .

R-15-3

Juniors
Tracey offensive play is pretty good, runs good lines, runs hard, looks like something can happen around him, didn’t mind him at first receiver a few times last night either.
With time and patience could make any position his.
His defence is a massive problem and not sure with his size he can manage to improve it enough to be a starting player tho.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Tracey offensive play is pretty good, runs good lines, runs hard, looks like something can happen around him, didn’t mind him at first receiver a few times last night either.
With time and patience could make any position his.
His defence is a massive problem and not sure with his size he can manage to improve it enough to be a starting player tho.
We don't have the time and patience though, unless he wants to do that for the Jets. With Moylan, Trindall and Hynes I only see Tracey filling in due to injury....like now when we have 3 halves out of our squad before he got a run (Chad, SJ and Moylan)

I'd like us to go out and get a Sam Williams or Adam Clune type half. One that is well aware they'll be playing NSW cup but has some experience and can fill in if needed.

snout

First Grade
After watching this round games i would be a worried supporter of either the Knights or Manly , in over 40 years of watching league i don't recall 2 teams that are so reliant on one player to fire , so if either of Ponga or TT go down they are both F@#KED .
Just watching Manly last night when TT went off they went to shit , looked a totally different team , and when the knights have been without Ponga well they just aren't competitive .
Whilst i would love a star player in my team i would much prefer a star team , and here's hoping that's what is building .
So true.
After 4 rounds hasler looked like getting sacked. People were querying why he was resigned.
TT slipped on the soap and was gone for those rounds. He comes back and they look like grand finalists.

And yep. Ponga beat us on his own. Between vomits.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Was there a game?

Wake me up in 2024, Fitz gets three years with full money.

Might get interested again then, thanks Fred's dog.

I know Morgan Harper carried on like a goose and Cherry Cat Evans (DCE) has a smart ass face you just want to punch and Garrick Is the annoying kid you just want flush his head in the toilet.

BUT

We shouldn’t take the bait and let those dickheads win the mental game.

Definitely something Fitzy will have to address.

If you want to get even with those merkins do what Talakai did every time he went to tackle them. Try and tackle them as hard as you can and break their ribs legally. It’s more satisfying and they are less likely to freely laugh and goat you because they’ll know there’s more where that came from.

txta2

Bench
Once Fitzy gets hold of Trindall, I can see the improvement, I love how he takes the line on just needs to know when, can kick as well.
Him and Hynes I like that halves, and Kennedy looked very good with Trindall.
It's Brailey the issue in the spine now
Dude Brailey was killing it last night, high tackle count as well

R-15-3

Juniors
Braily needs to go back to the bench and start bulking ASAP. Apparently was on a bulk up diet last off season and did f**k all and playing 80 week in week out is only doing him harm. Really needs to let everything go and start to rebuild his frame from scratch then work on fitness.

carinashark

First Grade
Jeez I recon Toby and Chambers were the best after Kennedy and Trindal. My fellow posters go on about being soft not standing up to teams. We start doing it and negativity level gets worse . Manly had plenty of under-performers out there and one game winner. Se if he can do it against Melbourne.

Sharkorff

Juniors
Just watched the replay on Fox. The next time we play these dog merkins, we surely have enough to fire up after being bullied, intimidated, beaten down & owned. Manly are scum and should be treated accordingly. Following Sifa’s lead FFS. Smash the f**k out of them.

shadowboxer

First Grade
16 pages of highs and lows.
I applaud all who has to sit through a late Monday night flog athon.
Honestly in getting up this morning and seeing the score, I thought not a bad effort on the back of injuries, lack of experience and a forward pack for most part wouldn’t put the fear in a local side running out of Perth.
Bob’s post and another few comments pointed to the fact we ain’t getting a 50 point shellacking most weekends and whilst it’s a small victory, it says a lot for those below us on the ladder and what how fugged some teams are.
Better daze ahead

Latest posts