What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Vs Roosters

Its The Finals........... New Ball game ....f**k traditions...... Got to play harder!
I'm a superstitious fella, it comes with my territory.
In 2016 I noticed that when I went to a game, and wore certain particular clothing, we won.
One game I even wore different clothes to test myself out. We lost.
I went back to the originals and the rest is history.

BTW: we have won games this season when the opposition has been named in the plural form ;)

My biggest superstition is that when i'm too confident of winning we lose...I'll try and cover all my other superstitions to make up for it . Haven't changed my underwear,and wont turn on the tv till radio says they are about to kick off....That ought to do it!

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
In 2016 I noticed that when I went to a game, and wore certain particular clothing, we won.

BTW: we have won games this season when the opposition has been named in the plural form ;)

You’d better wear those same clothes again you f**ker

My biggest superstition is that when i'm too confident of winning we lose...I'll try and cover all my other superstitions to make up for it . Haven't changed my underwear,and wont turn on the tv till radio says they are about to kick off....That ought to do it!

You’d better wear those same clothes again you f**ker

It gets even better.
My best mate, who lives in Spain, is a mad gambler. He doesn't have the thousands to throw around these days but he still puts the euro through the spices.
He likes to tell me what he's bet on to gage my reaction, I'm not a gambler so he likes to challenge his "science" against my "hippyness".
He said to me this particulare game, "I'm betting on your mob tomorrow"
Me: "I wouldn't do that"
Him: "Why?"
Me: "Well I keep wearing these clothes and we keep winning. I'm testing my theory out and wearing different clothes this week. It's not the best time to get on them"
Him: " Arrgh you're full of shit. Your mob is gunna kill these idiots. I'm so confident they're gunna win I'd even bet my whole house on it!" **
Me: "Do what ya gotta do brother, I'm just tellin ya....."

As soon as the siren finished for full time, and we'd lost, I get a message from him,
"You're f**ked"
He didn't talk to me for a couple of months.

I'm not at liberty to say if I have, or have not, been wearing that clothing, or other particular clothing for that matter.
In fact I'm not at liberty to say if I'm going to be wearing anything at all..

** he didn't bet his house on it. He may have lost his food money for the week, but that's not a lot in Espana

carcharias

Immortal

I wore my blue retro sharks shirt to games and we never won.
Then I thought f**k it... it’s probably just bullshit.
Otherwise we’d all have to call each other up to work out if anyone was wearing a shirt that would jinx us.

Wore it to the GF.

Quigs

Immortal
Think of all the old quigs in here (and out there)

Just win easy.

I am currently on blood pressure pills and I don't need stress in 'me' life.

Last edited:
Was it against Manly?
I honestly can't remember.
My mind was a blur of haves and have nots

I wore my blue retro sharks shirt to games and we never won.
Then I thought f**k it... it’s probably just bullshit.
Otherwise we’d all have to call each other up to work out if anyone was wearing a shirt that would jinx us.

Wore it to the GF.
The retro blue t-shirt is the devil incarnate to me, we never, ever won when I wore it. It's now been put into the designated-underneath-work-shirt-pile. And it definitely doesn't get worn in finals weeks.
Am I a fool?
Yes
Do I know it?
Yes
Do I care?
No

Surely

Post Whore
Fixed in time (was a bit pissy last night - under the influence of Gentlemen Jack).

fixed it a bit more, let's not bring attention to the fact we get around the word filter in here by displaying it in the thread title ;)

Card Shark

Immortal

Just went through my photos to post on MC Hammerhead’s Facebook page of a picture of the front page of him in the local paper pre-grand final.

Noticed my lucky sharks wristband that I had won the previous summer in our annual boys camp trip, sports trivia.

Gunna find that wristband & then we are certainties!