What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day V's Rorters

Weaponhead

Coach
It was a reality check game. They play with good intensity and the ball movement early was excellent. The difference is that Easts expect to win big games. The Sharks hope they win.

When the game was on the line, Easts took it. The Sharks were waiting for someone to step up and it was too late.

The attack in thd second half was far too lateral. Hoping to jag a try instead of going after them.

Next week is massive against a poor Newcastle team.

bmaccc

Juniors
Would've been one of those ones thats great for confidence moving forward, after plenty of good performances from young blokes in previous weeks

- HIAs hurt, more big minutes for big boys which fatigued us in the last 20
- Clinical first half barring one soft tackle attempt on Morris by Hiroti
- Missed Dugan & Katoa coming out of our own end - normally good for solid metres and Hiroti & Tracey got outmuscled. Wouldve liked to see Ronnie put his hand up more here. Meant Chad was often kicking from inside 30
- One of Woods' and kennedy's best
- Rudolf big as usual
- Ramien, gotta take good with the bad. Big hits and defensive efforts but you get the odd penalty. A high shot with 20 to go gave them a set on our line and a 6 again late sealed it. Same as JWH's dumb penalty. But then his impact otherwise is huge
- Quiet one from Hamlin uele, needed more from him and 19 tackles and 81 metres was a let down
- Huge defensive effort from Wilton 51 tackles including a few big ones on JWH

Ads

First Grade
How soon are we getting Hunt or Talakai back. We badly miss some punch in the middle.
I’m worried about those two especially Hunt. These new rules will only expose them more in defence. Talakai might make a good impact 13 rotating with Rudolph but not sure about him defending wide again. Hunt might only have tiny stints in him laterally.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The first 60 minutes were very good..,,outplayed a quality team. The last 20 were pretty diabolical but a fair part of that was not having Duges and Wade plugging those holes. Don’t know that Bomber would have the balls but how would Moyza go in the halves with S.J? HIA’s have really made it difficult for us against quality teams and I doubt we see Wade or Duges again next week after successive concussions.

The first 60 minutes were very good..,,outplayed a quality team. The last 20 were pretty diabolical but a fair part of that was not having Duges and Wade plugging those holes. Don’t know that Bomber would have the balls but how would Moyza go in the halves with S.J? HIA’s have really made it difficult for us against quality teams and I doubt we see Wade or Duges again next week after successive concussions.
The three soft tries happened on our right side, not the left that Wade and Duges play.
Personally I just think the players were tired, both mentally and physically, thats what it looked like with the silly mistakes that occurred. HIA's from the past few weeks could have definitely played a part in that.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm quite happy with that performance. If we stay with 17 fit players we probably win. Was similar to Parramatta game. Ran out of puff on the back of fatigue after 3 consecutive weeks playing short. Nearly all the errors that led to tries were fatigue errors IMO

I'm f**king not happy.

I learnt 3 things tonight..

1. We aint up to it
2. We aint up to it
3. Don't bet on the NRL ever because injuries don't come down to luck anymore, they are a given and so odds are worthless.

coolumsharkie

Referee
BTW..

Chad was in everything tonight, tried his arse off and then some. Easily our best player on the paddock along with Will.

Toby, BHU missed tackles all f**king night and there are a few others that would be looking at their feet in the sheds. Ok it's a hiccup, it's early days and we look like a top 8 side but you need to win the games that are there for the taking. We blew it up and that's a coaching issue when it comes to head office.

BTW..

Chad was in everything tonight, tried his arse off and then some. Easily our best player on the paddock along with Will.

Toby, BHU missed tackles all f**king night and there are a few others that would be looking at their feet in the sheds. Ok it's a hiccup, it's early days and we look like a top 8 side but you need to win the games that are there for the taking. We blew it up and that's a coaching issue when it comes to head office.
Well West Tigers making me feel a bit better today.

it could actually be worse, we could be that disgraceful bunch of wankers

Latest posts