What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs the Chokkie Soldiers

bluefox68

Staff member
Missed the first half, watched the 2nd.

They had everything go their way, which can happen.

Despite their SOO absences, we did well to regain our composure & get the job done.

Wins like that are character building, just like the dodgy Dragons victory that turned our season.
Mate - the first half was great, the second - trash.
Anyway, we got the win!

DJDL

Bench
The second half was hard to watch, sure, but I actually enjoyed seeing them turn up again and again in defence.
They pretty much spent the entire time camped on their line and repelling raid after raid.

I remember being about as impressed as I have been all year when they held the Panthers out for the umpteenth time, then split them and went the length, only for the ridiculous decision to stop play for Kikau's injury to halt their momentum.

Honestly, it felt like backs to the wall for the whole second half and I thought they did pretty well. The Panthers didn't really even look like scoring, save for a few moments of brilliance from Burton.

A month ago I wouldn't have thought them capable of that kind of resolve.

Weaponhead

Coach
The second half was hard to watch, sure, but I actually enjoyed seeing them turn up again and again in defence.
They pretty much spent the entire time camped on their line and repelling raid after raid.

I remember being about as impressed as I have been all year when they held the Panthers out for the umpteenth time, then split them and went the length, only for the ridiculous decision to stop play for Kikau's injury to halt their momentum.

Honestly, it felt like backs to the wall for the whole second half and I thought they did pretty well. The Panthers didn't really even look like scoring, save for a few moments of brilliance from Burton.

A month ago I wouldn't have thought them capable of that kind of resolve.
The resolve was pleasing. They completed at 95% which is phenomenal. The very low error rate kept them in the game with the possession flow so strong to the Pennies.

Scramble and contact in defence was improved. They got loose in the middle as the half wore on due to fatigue allowing Penrith to make good yards. Something to build on.

One thing from last night is that Blayke is really struggling to play 80 minutes.
He was great in the first half in attack and defence, but struggled in the second half.
I think he needs a 20 minute break on the bench - he might become an 80 minute player down the track, but not yet.
This winning streak is surely going to help our chances to recruit too. Much easier to sell the team when they've won 3 in a row compared to losing 6 in a row and the media smashing you.

If you're an external recruit the place looks much better especially when you had in Hynes and McInnes.

We're not in a position like the Dogs who need to pay over to get

Latest posts