What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs The Filthy Queens.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Was a shit win but 2 points is 2 points. Also takes us further away from the Bulldogs, it’s pretty sad that I’m measuring staying clear of them as a success but they’re going to run last so it’s something. We’re also just 4 points away from the 8, just saying.

bluefox68

Staff member
Well for a night full of embarressing moments from us , the worst was CT standing like he was ZUES after he kicked the FG , it was like watching a 10yo who had scored his first try , it wasn't only embarressing to watch i actually felt embarressed for him , because he didn't realise how geeky it looked .
Ha ha - EXACTLY!!!

Delusional.

It was like: Let’s give Johnny 3 chances to kick the goal from right in front 10 metres away, or we’ll just keep going until he gets it...

R-15-3

Juniors
Was no need to be charged down on the first 2 attempts. We weren’t on the back foot, was no need to be rushed. He just set up in the wrong position. Was as if he was the 13th choice player out there in the last play of the game on the back foot f**king pathetic

imasharkie

Coach
Next week Talakai, Fifita, Ronnie & SJ back?????
Missing through suspensions Horoti, Dugan, fingers crossed Braily ??

Kennedy
Big Ronnie
Chambers
JT
Tracey
Moylan
SJ/ Tricky
Woods
Graham @ 9
Tolman
Wilton
Nikora
Rudolph

SJ/Tricky
Fifita
Talikai
Williams
You've left out Ferris. He should be in the team before Chambers.

DJDL

Bench
I actually don’t mind the idea of shifting Hiroti to the centres.

He’s been pretty good but looks to me more suited there than wing.

I’d happily give him the right centre spot till Ramien’s back and let Duges and Chambers fight it out for left centre.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Up the tunnel at the end of the game I politely said to Jack, "Dont worry, Jack, we still have 2016 mate" I was being sincere..
his reply " I can't hear you mate, I can't hear you" He yelled it at me. I was taken aback but then enjoyed the fact something so silly could get under his skin.
The best was when Sloth walked up the tunnel
PP78 starts screaming "HACK! HACK! HACK!" at him
The Sloth looks up with his death stare, I calmly say to him "You must be a hack you acknowledged him calling you such"
Sloth skulks away and complains to security about us
Security did nothing, what a great night!

Was there spittle involved? Was it even considered?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Was no need to be charged down on the first 2 attempts. We weren’t on the back foot, was no need to be rushed. He just set up in the wrong position. Was as if he was the 13th choice player out there in the last play of the game on the back foot f**king pathetic

Do you take into account the big picture?

Omnishark2

Juniors
This x 100.

For the first FG attempt, I was screaming at Chad to give himself more room, he needed to get back another 5m. It was so predictable, like watching a train wreck in slow motion - sure enough, it got charged down. At least he'll learn to get further back if there's another attempt, I foolishly thought.

Did Chad learn from his mistake at all ?
Nope, exactly the same on his second attempt, same result.
How embarrassing for any NRL halfback - he should be dropped for that alone.

Then there's his dropped balls & turnovers, the pathetic kick where he fumbled it onto his boot etc
It was Peak Chad, a lowlight reel that was one of his best.

FFS as per the "Stones" thread - just drop him now and let us all start to heal !!!

shadowboxer

First Grade
Up the tunnel at the end of the game I politely said to Jack, "Dont worry, Jack, we still have 2016 mate" I was being sincere..
his reply " I can't hear you mate, I can't hear you" He yelled it at me. I was taken aback but then enjoyed the fact something so silly could get under his skin.
The best was when Sloth walked up the tunnel
PP78 starts screaming "HACK! HACK! HACK!" at him
The Sloth looks up with his death stare, I calmly say to him "You must be a hack you acknowledged him calling you such"
Sloth skulks away and complains to security about us
Security did nothing, what a great night!
Glad you got some enjoyment out of such a shitty game.
Your experience with Jack Bird mirrors one of mine back in June 2016.
Being the tragic sharks/Jets fan was pretty taken aback by his attitude.
At Henson, both he and Holmes were on the hill watching their mates run round. Asked nicely for a handshake or photo with my 9 year old son...Val Holmes jumped at the chance and couldn’t be more accomodating... the Bird... nah sorry “not interested” “you’ve seen enough”
Now, I get it, I wasn’t upset and just like whatever, my son... yeah whatever pretty devestated.
Upside was Holmes saw this and gave my son a fair chat and plenty of time...Bird - I was livid but winning a premiership evaporates all bad deeds.
End result, I watched Bird since 2016 and have nothing but hope that he can kick on further regardless.
My son though, a early teen with plenty of venom... loved every downfall of the Bird from Brisbane to last night..., as a parent, I get it but still sad to be honest. In saying that, Holmes is still his hero regardless of his cat antics.
In the words of Dalton from “Roadhouse” - be nice

shadowboxer

First Grade
This x 100.

For the first FG attempt, I was screaming at Chad to give himself more room, he needed to get back another 5m. It was so predictable, like watching a train wreck in slow motion - sure enough, it got charged down. At least he'll learn to get further back if there's another attempt, I foolishly thought.

Did Chad learn from his mistake at all ?
Nope, exactly the same on his second attempt, same result.
How embarrassing for any NRL halfback - he should be dropped for that alone.

Then there's his dropped balls & turnovers, the pathetic kick where he fumbled it onto his boot etc
It was Peak Chad, a lowlight reel that was one of his best.

FFS as per the "Stones" thread - just drop him now and let us all start to heal !!!
You did well. As soon as his blew the first field goal I turned off the TV and went to bed. I’ll be bagged for wishing they lost, but when I saw the photo this morning of chief flog celebrating I realised our boy will be stinking it up till years end ala Jarrod Anderson singing cats in the cradle to coach angry back in the day

Frenzy.

Immortal
Can you explain what the big picture is in reference to my post?? Because iv got no f**ken idea what your on about

You're only looking at the subject that suits your agenda. Chad.

The whole field goal set up was fugged. There was no kick protection on any of the attempts until the one he kicked when they all started thinking a bit. This includes the Dragons attempts.

Chad may well have been able to position himself better but there was no kicker protection

On the first attempt Tolman stood like a statue and let Alvaro charge through to create pressure. He played the ball, he only needed a step to the right like they all do to close Alvaros passage. Williams turned his back on Alvaro. This in turn would have rushed the kicker who may not even seen McCullogh coming outside Alvaro. McCullogh had a clear passage on the charge down.

The second was just as lazy from the forwards

This is not a Chad defence. It's an objective view of the whole team setup and execution of setting up for a FG.

Teams train for this. They plan, prepare, practice. All they have to do is execute and commit.

It's not rocket science, but it's not easy either