What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs the Green clapping merkins.

chewsta

First Grade
Not too displeased with the performance.

we managed to get into an arm wrestle with supposedly one of the better teams in the Comp. That’s a good sign in comparison to last year.

Very true, there is a lot to like about what Bomber has done with this team in the off season. We looked gone for all money but fought back and should have won had we converted all attempts. Not to mention our first two games have been played in some horrible conditions. It will be good to see what we can dish up on a dry track in good weather.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Considering we’re going around minus SJ.... Talakai...Hunt....Jesse and Fifi (by choice)... I’m pretty happy where we’re at tbh. If only Chad had landed one of those kicks we were likely finishing all over the top of them in extra time and it’d be a different mood around here.

Quicksilver

Bench
I know he missed a few, but that last kick was to even up, not to win.

I think a draw would have actually been a fair result in that game.

PJ

First Grade
I know he missed a few, but that last kick was to even up, not to win.

I think a draw would have actually been a fair result in that game.

It was also from very close to the same spot he'd just missed one from and followed near the exact same path.

Would have thought he'd make some adjustment since the first was nowhere near going through.

myrrh ken

First Grade
His technique has got to be the worst I have seen. Looks completely unnatural. The short run up, the stutter step, the straight shooting. He legit look scared every time.

txta2

Bench
His technique has got to be the worst I have seen. Looks completely unnatural. The short run up, the stutter step, the straight shooting. He legit look scared every time.
it is the most laughable run up I have ever seen. Honestly it looks like he is ballet dancing and about to trip arse over..

Ice cool with the game on the line as per. Whether it's missing goals, putting super grubbers through in the last minute against the bulldogs or throwing intercept passes to edrick lee we should be thankful for the great man.

Chimp

Juniors
So how come no one criticised his technique, called him scared, bagged his process in week one when he got 5 out of 5?

Don't remember him getting too much credit for it either.
I did comment on the match thread from round 1 that even though he got 6 from 6, it still looks like a complete lottery on how the ball comes off his foot.
He isn’t a natural kicker, and I believe his stupid style is all about looking different and individual (and building his ‘brand’) rather than actually being a more accurate kicker. He’s desperate for the attention and limelight, having a bizarre style will get him talked about....