What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs The St Merged scum.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
There was 6 mins left. We led by 8.

We got the ball back how I can’t recall and again we shifted it wide for no reason and started playing like we were 8 behind with 6 to play.

Literally if we complete that set and kick to a corner the game is done. But noooooo we have to push offloads and Nicho knocks on.

That was the moment I f**king lost it. There is a time to play safe, 8 Infront in possession with 6 to play is that f**king time.

Tick tick tick… (that’s our luck clock ticking)

SharkShocked

Bench
There was 6 mins left. We led by 8.

We got the ball back how I can’t recall and again we shifted it wide for no reason and started playing like we were 8 behind with 6 to play.

Literally if we complete that set and kick to a corner the game is done. But noooooo we have to push offloads and Nicho knocks on.

That was the moment I f**king lost it. There is a time to play safe, 8 Infront in possession with 6 to play is that f**king time.

Tick tick tick… (that’s our luck clock ticking)
I’ve also banged on about this recently. Regular season games. Sure that’s somewhat fine. Come finals time it won’t be.

But at some point I’d like to see us be ruthlessly professional and continually build pressure on a teams line or come out of our own end kick to a corner and MAKE the opposition work their ass off to beat us.

We love releasing the pressure.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Fox Stats said Dykes made 4 errors? Seems a lot
2 from bad passes - one from Hynes and the one after the Ronnie break. So those are tough to give him.

Made 2 unforced errors.

Kid looks slick and moves very well. Confident too. Also was backing up the forwards something Kennedy doesn’t do

Getting a handful of games while Kennedy is out will be very beneficial for him.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Winning ugly is something we're new at. In winning 7 out of our last 8 we've only played well once (v Storm) imo. Quality sides win ugly. In previous years we would have lost 3 or 4 of those games in heartbreakers.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
His D impressed me more. I watched him closely during the on line defence. Was always there and talking. Pushing qhunts into gaps. Making tackles. Didn't miss any. Stood in front of Sims or de Belin (whoever it was) in the second half, got him and I think forced a drop ball. Then there were a 2-3 reflex cleanups on the line. Defused the bombs.

Struggled with ball control in contact and with play the balls (real slow 4.23) but those 2 things will come with a bit of condition on him. He's pretty slight of build. Having said that he got 96 metres and 1/3 of them were post contact.

This one is out of the box.
Looked like a first grader straight off the bat. Actually don't mind the fact that WK is out for a few more weeks to let the kid find his feet properly. Will have a long career in the BW and Blue. Jersey presentation was pretty special too for those who haven't seen it.
Edit...only just saw the other thread.

Last edited:

bluefox68

Staff member
Fitzy has been showing more emotion in the box…

He was very clearly frustrated with the errors - particularly late in the game…

We were up 24-16 and we got a penalty with about 15mintues to go.

I would normally say keep attacking but I was actually saying to myself take the two and extend the lead to 10 and run the clock down a bit. As I just had no faith in our attack in that second half.

When we can't even hold onto the ball like last night you know it's going to end up as one of those heart beating out of your chest games.

carinashark

First Grade
I was looking forward to the second half. What a mess. Not like the Dragons played any better. We should have put 40 on them.

Reactions: PJ

Craigshark

First Grade
I think if a few more passes stuck in the first half, we would have won comfortably. Overall, another important 2 points and well done with all the players we had missing.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Errors killed off anything like an expected massive score.
Can only hope some of these passes stick come finals time.

Poss

Juniors
Just listened to the Channel 9 commentary and when Connor got knocked out, Emma Lawrence reported that Lachie Miller got straight up and walked over to the grandstands to talk to Matt Ikivalu - who was apparently instructing Miller on how to play wing. When to come in, when to stay on the wing, when to run etc. he’s obviously inexperienced in that position, so given that, he was probably ok and filled a hole better than I gave him credit for last night. Probably bring Ika in next week for Connor I’d say.

Latest posts