What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of the Year Watch 2014

Wato

Juniors
Thought it would be an interesting to have a thread to discuss this years contenders as they come out. So what's everyone's contenders so far?

Personally the top three I have played so far this year are
1. Child of light: fantastic game with a beautiful art style with an enjoyable combat system that was a fresh take on an old system. This alongside an enjoyable story and some fun characters made this a worthwhile contender.

2. Infamous Second Son: enjoyed the first infamous but never completed the game but this one really sucked my in with really enjoyable combat and a fun variety of powers. The story was enjoyable and I really enjoyed the characters of Delsin and Fetch plus the writing enabled my to play as the villain and not feel out of place, allowing to make good decisions when I felt it suited my character. The boss battles where fun plus the side quests were much better done then in the past and scraped that completion it's itch. Looking forward to some DLC to pop back into the infamous universe.

3. South Park-The Stick of Truth: was a really fun and humorous game, that nailed the South Park feel. Fun combat, great writing and a really enjoyable story made this a fantastic licensed game but I mark it down for its technical issues and I was frustrated on how long it took to move around the town and that dam Forrest. In many ways is a better game then those above but for me personally technically issues stop it from being a real contender.

Also looking forward to watch Dogs, Destiny, Batman Arkham Knight and Assassins Creed Unity so it should be an interesting first year for the new consoles.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The games i would have said here look like they have been delayed to 2015(The Witcher 3,The Division) or probably will end up being delayed further(The Crew)

I'll go for a roughie and say Quantum Break 2014 GOTY but an overhyped game like Destiny will probably win it

Springs

First Grade
Broken Age
The Wolf Among Us
South Park
The Walking Dead Season 2
Dark Souls II
Child of Light
Mario Kart 8
Destiny
Arkham Knight
Far Cry 4
Dreamfall Chapters

Would be the contenders given a release date so far. Others are Quantum Break, Shadow of the Eternals, Super Smash Bros, Civilisation, The Order 1886 and Legend of Zelda U.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've found South Park: Stick of Truth to be enjoyable enough. Wolfenstein might be good if they ever fix the f**king bugs.

Only one from the above lists I'm really interested in is the new Civ, even if it's not really a Civ game :(

Latest posts