What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Rod

Bench
To be honest I think the show has purposefully pushed the women further front and centre as a reaction to the criticism.

Yeah, I don't think Martin would have allowed a bit of random complaining to have an effect on his story.

Shorty

Staff member
Jaime was there as you say, plus the possibility that other Lannister soldiers could recognise her. Unlikely, but why risk it?

Remember last season when there was all that hand-wringing about how the show had supposedly become misogynistic? :lol:

And now we have a female in basically all the positions of power across the whole freakin show.
And the problem with that is?

Cersei and Dany were always in positions of power or aspiring to it.
Sansa isn't really...she's sort of still 1cm away from being f**ked over by LF again.

Rod

Bench

There is of course no problem with it.

It's just funny when viewed in the context of all the controversy that some groups were trying to drum up about the show this time last year.

Aragorn

First Grade
And now we have a female in basically all the positions of power across the whole freakin show.

You forget about a certain Knight King and his army of 100,000 dead followers...?

came to daddy is what he will be telling Cersei, Dany and whoever else you all think is ruling the show...

Shorty

Staff member
There is of course no problem with it.

It's just funny when viewed in the context of all the controversy that some groups were trying to drum up about the show this time last year.
Surprisingly didn't think it misogynistic but I hated last season anyway for being simply depressing.
The torture stuff with Sansa was excessive, well anything with Ramsey was excessive.

I noticed that they left the whole thing with Gregor Clegane and the nun ambiguous.

Shorty

Staff member
I read the 'critique' thread in that westeros forum....you would think they have watched the midday movie with how unimpressed they are.
This season was a bit up and down but the finale is near faultless.
Even Walking Dead fans (the show and it's fans remind me of how Bieber treats HIS fans) treat their show better.

Rod

Bench
Surprisingly didn't think it misogynistic but I hated last season anyway for being simply depressing.
The torture stuff with Sansa was excessive, well anything with Ramsey was excessive.

I noticed that they left the whole thing with Gregor Clegane and the nun ambiguous.

Agreed, last season wasn't great just in terms of quality. I much preferred this season, whether that coincides with the characters most of us like getting some more 'wins', I'm not sure.

I noticed that too about the nun. I'm wondering if we'll get a proper conclusion to that next season. Cersei did say to her that she wasn't going to die straight away.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Season 1 2 3 > 4 5 6

There's been big moments in all seasons. But overall, the first half of series was far far superior IMO.

perverse

Referee
The Dorne storyline ruined much of 4 and 5. f**king boring... and all leading to the setup for the Queen of Thorns to ally with them. Seems like they didn't need the fluff, surely there were easier and less verbose ways to make Dorne hate the Lannisters. They definitely didn't need anymore after Oberyn had his run-in with the Mountain.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Season 1 2 3 > 4 5 6

There's been big moments in all seasons. But overall, the first half of series was far far superior IMO.
It's the same as the books, on the whole they did a good job speeding up seasons 4 and 5 because the books just went absolutely nowhere.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah i was going to say, the recent seasons were going to be criticized more.
Let's face it, the source material wasn't great...it took me almost a year to finish the 5th book when I'd read the first 3 in a matter of weeks combined.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I actually liked books 4 and 5.
-cersei bumbling through power ( they actually went easy on her in the tv show) making mistake after mistake.
-jamie striking out on his own in the riverlands and failing out with cersei
- The Dorne plotline (done properly) and learning more about dorne.
- Finding out more about the iron islands, Victorian and Euron.
- Arya and the house of black and white. Taking that slower and more detail about her training ( not a rocky montage)
- tyrion travelling through essos, learning more about essos (though thank f**k for no penny)
- Bran beyond the wall
- jon taking command at the wall
Reek, Brienne, Dany and the jon connington stuff was Boring though.

But none of that would make good tv, and what did make the show was cut right back. You can't really fault the producers to much (apart from the god awful dorne shit).

Someone

Bench
i really don't get the hate for the later seasons, okay maybe 5 i agree with to an extent.

4 and 6 would be up there with 1 as my favorites.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
13516642_1746070038967677_3085725964031847107_n.jpg

Game_Breaker

Coach

They screwed up Dorne because it and made Doran Martell look weak, when really he has been patiently scheming against the Lannisters for 20 years

The show has great strong female characters, they don't need to create more just for the sake of it

i really don't get the hate for the later seasons, okay maybe 5 i agree with to an extent.

Yeah, season 6 has been incredible and debatable if its better than season 1

Walt Flanigan

Referee

Agree. 4 is my clear favourite closely followed by 1 & 6.

The last 2 eps of this season are rated 10/10 on IMDB. The only 2 to get that score. The highest rated after that are Hardhome and The Rains of Castamere which got 9.9.

Shorty

Staff member
They screwed up Dorne because it and made Doran Martell look weak, when really he has been patiently scheming against the Lannisters for 20 years

The show has great strong female characters, they don't need to create more just for the sake of it

Yeah, season 6 has been incredible and debatable if its better than season 1
I agree but I feel like he is weak regardless, him getting knifed didnt seem out of left field to me.

Latest posts