What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME THREAD: Eels v Sea Eagles - Round 3 (16th March 2023)

TheCrowe

Juniors
Although I wish he would have been good to play first 2 rounds. Couldn't have been worse then Momo.

the phantom menace

First Grade
We lack a Manu Mau type enforcer. There is not a lot of intimidation factor in our pack. Just one mad merkin whose mission is to intimidate and smash everyone. Manlys young second rowers were smashing us at will.
We miss that type of sting Ma'u brought in defence. The sting that bends the opponents back and makes them not want to run at that player again.

Agree Manly #11 and #12 had it when defending on us, but we had nothing at all on their pack.

the phantom menace

First Grade
There's so much riding on Matterson's return, and the selfish merkin owes us so much... I hope he doesn't get too hyped up and put a lazy high shot in, and then end up legit suspended (for a change) and sit out a few more weeks.

hybrideel

Bench
Not defending Matto's decision here, but I'd like to see that stats of players charged since the fines option has been introduced V prior. It appears to me that many things that were let go previously by the MRC are now getting fines. The NRL can't really lose in this situation as no player is going to fight it, and after the crap that Matto has copped, no-one is going to take the suspension either.
So it's a free for all for the NRL to fine players and it's a win-win-win for them. Free money, look like they are clamping down on illegal behavior and don't lose players for the spectacle

yy_cheng

Coach
Not defending Matto's decision here, but I'd like to see that stats of players charged since the fines option has been introduced V prior. It appears to me that many things that were let go previously by the MRC are now getting fines. The NRL can't really lose in this situation as no player is going to fight it, and after the crap that Matto has copped, no-one is going to take the suspension either.
So it's a free for all for the NRL to fine players and it's a win-win-win for them. Free money, look like they are clamping down on illegal behavior and don't lose players for the spectacle
I believe the fines go back to the players for after their footy.

It should go to like some men of league foundation for the players who fall on bad times

emjaycee

Coach

yy_cheng

Coach
Not to the individual (fined) player, but into a pool of funds to support players when they retire I think I read somewhere.
Yeah all players. I heard it in the sports radio programs.

Like a fund for post footy.

And it was the players associations idea and it meant they weren't sitting in the sidelines and the positive for the nrl was that their superstars were free to play except the ones who don't pay the fine

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I'm pretty sure this is what Matto was trying (and failing) to arc up against when he took the suspension.

84 Baby

Referee
Not only that but they continue to miss/ignore/not his go stuff but pick up petty stuff like Moses/Sivo hair pulls.

Or just fine Scums for 1000 infringements a season https://amp.nine.com.au/article/3a16240d-9fdd-4397-862d-9530b6bedd2f

Matterson handled it very shitly, but the judiciary and MRC in particular are a joke.
How difficult is it to pay a bunch of people to watch games and report on things that are bit iffy?