What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game v dogs

saint_jus

Bench
Thank f**k for Flo and Creagh. Wouldn't get out of our half otherwise.
Good game though. Dogs really came out for blood early. Still not sure what tabuli offers over Farrell though.

Nabuli not first grade standard. Always seems to have an error in him. Not saying Farrell is any good though

giboz71

First Grade
Dogs definitely more desperate, they were up for this game and we tried hard, but we couldn't match them. A couple of bad calls, but their forwards definitely outmuscled and out bustled us. Bulldogs best game of the year by far.

Hopefully we learn from this, maybe Farrell in for Nabuli, but generally everyone played ok.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
3 bad calls in my opinion all led to 3 tries.
1. Reynolds steps in front of Rein who was the closest person to lafai to save the first try.
2. Nabuli did not drop the ball
3. As soon as a leg is intentionally lifted the tackle is held

Not sure about the Joel Thompson one, If a marker can get penalised from holding a player down with his body, a la crowding, then surely the ball player can get panalised from doing the same thing to a marker...

Everything went their way in the final quarter but unfortunately, we didnt have an answer. We were in total control until the Brett Morris kick to Nabuli, 100% total control

possm

Coach
The fifty-fifty callswent against us today and it seemed the ref was only one way most of the time.

We should have went for the one point when we were 6 up and only 10 out from the Dogs line.

We lost our discipline in the last quarter. Not our day, bye next week.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
That was bullshit that ref always wrecks games. The Nabuli knock on call and Dugan in goal call changed Nd wrecked the game so bullshit

hewi

Bench
Footie gods not with us today. Nabuli had a bad day. At least one bad decision against us gave the dogs a try. Dugan had a brain snap near the end with the chip and chase. Nine times out of ten the dogs try in the corner from Morris's pass would have been a knock on.

Spazer

Juniors
The phantom knock on from Nabuli kinda killed us, and the dugan forced drop out too, should have been a penalty. Just like the bunnies game the refs did their best to get the losing team back in the game. Absolutely ruins good games and it's pretty hard to defend against shit calls.

Dogs played better and they were always gonna win that game even when graham went off. Good timing by Dez putting reynolds on the field to fire everyone up. Nabuli needs to get rid of those errors

kit66

Bench
Nabuli not first grade standard. Always seems to have an error in him. Not saying Farrell is any good though

Did nothing wrong today, knock on didn't happen and got two shocking passes no-one would have caught. We should persist with him and try some new set plays to get him into space - or use some of those sweeping movements down the left we used to do so well. Would hurt to bomb more for him either.

God-King Dean

Immortal
No shame in losing that game. If anything, it's made me more confident of our chances this season. I don't think anyone would have beaten Dogs today, & we can't very close to doing so.

That was them at their best - they played semi final football. They ambushed us, & we managed to get in front again.

Gutted to lose, but more positives than negatives IMO.

kit66

Bench
That was bullshit that ref always wrecks games. The Nabuli knock on call and Dugan in goal call changed Nd wrecked the game so bullshit

True but you'll always get a couple of bad calls each week - like Valentine's knock on try and Farrell's "missed" try. Truth is though the Doggies were too good / big. It's a shame we got them on the one week so far this season that their pea - hearted, giant forwards decide to put in.
The only thing I hate more than Monday footy is losing to the mongrel dogs.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
It's the same ref that refused to look at that try in the Anzac day game and the same ref who gifted Souths piggy back penaltys. No point watching any games while this clown has the whistle. Watch what he does in origin, he'll do the same thing. Once he has it against you, the 50/50 calls go against you. His trying to be the next bill Harrigan.

Hurricanerrc

Juniors
Nabuli didn't have the best game, n I don't agree with him being dropped atm. But, if you were going to replace him, it would be with YKG or Justin Hunt.

shazam

Juniors
Nabuli is not first grade standard & if he stays in will cost us big time again like today

This Year?

Immortal
No shame in losing that game. If anything, it's made me more confident of our chances this season. I don't think anyone would have beaten Dogs today, & we can't very close to doing so.

That was them at their best - they played semi final football. They ambushed us, & we managed to get in front again.

Gutted to lose, but more positives than negatives IMO.

Can I give you a hummer?

kit66

Bench
Some good points from today's game - our tries were absolute crackers, great balls and line running, beautiful to watch. JDB really starting to put in. Creagh had great impact off the bench as did Le Strange. Benji and Widdop will win us most games if the forwards give them space and momentum.

Not so good - Merrin, low minutes, minimal impact, very disappointing when we needed him most. A loss of composure with 10 minutes to go, bad kicking options and short kick off's have about a 2% success rate. Should have kicked long and put our faith in our defence, even against a big pack - better than handing them field position.

Best thing about today's game - no Gus in the commentary box. Can you imagine the Dogs of War crap he would have been spewing.

FlameThrower

Bench
Yes a couple bad calls, but the turnaround with Dugan lifting and then the Nabuli knock on/ strip? Not sure if those 2 in quick succession rattled us a bit? Btw according to Wendell, some ref applogised for that error Nabuli strip?
Not embarrassed about the performance, but that Ref is a bit if a worry...

FlameThrower

Bench
Btw is just me of is Nabuli , way to slow to turnaround, it's like turning a oil tanker into Port Botany?

Latest posts