What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday - Warriors v Broncos

Tongue

Juniors
8 points worth of kicks missed.
He’ll be better for it. He’s still a very good player and he’s ours.
Hiku big big loss but if Manu is secured, makes up for it.
The bones are there for a pretty good team next year.

Hov

Juniors
As good as Walsh is he’s lost us the game today with his boot. We scored more tries but still lost.
Walsh is the one of the few out there having a crack. No one else put their hand up to take over and take the kicks let alone risk it all with the field goal so good on the young bloke for taking on the challenge. If Chad and CHT were as good as everyone thinks maybe they would have taken the field goal shot. But they didn't, so there is nothing to discuss IMO.

Benek

Juniors
If anyone thinks Walsh was the reason we lost doesn’t know the game

He made one mistake but created a couple of opportunities

we lost it in the forwards
I totally agree we lost it in the forwards. And if not for Walsh’s line breaks we had very little joy in the middle. I don’t entirely blame Walsh for losing us 8 points on kicks. I blame the senior players for not raising their voices at the end and saying maybe CHT or Chad should take this one.

Reactions: Hov

Benek

Juniors
8 points worth of kicks missed.
He’ll be better for it. He’s still a very good player and he’s ours.
Hiku big big loss but if Manu is secured, makes up for it.
The bones are there for a pretty good team next year.
If Manu is secured? I know we’ve publicly stated we want him but is there any evidence we even have a chance of getting him? I think we’re a long way from even being optimistic yet. Total rumour and speculation so far.

Meth

Staff member

We were a prop short. Fonua Blake was his normal self. Afoa was good and JTB was as good as he gets. We missed Lodge big time.

Haas and Flegler were great.

Rich102

Staff member
Could have been comfortably in the 8 if we were better at closing out games but ultimately we got the result we deserved. Season was a mixture of hard graft and deplorable incompetence. Classic Warriors.
Some strange selection decisions in there too.

It's not the sole reason but is a reason.
Same as DZW not attacking the ball that bounced into Kelly's arms.
Same as Pompey running out of the line leaving an overlap.
Plenty of reasons, but Walsh carries some of it.

jaseg

Juniors
Man, that would've been disappointing if it wasn't entirely expected.

NFI what DWZ was doing on that try, and the Walsh conversions... what happened there? Pompey has been bad all year so no surprises there.

I am, at least, more encouraged about the future than I have been in a fair while.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's probably one of the most frustrating things as a fan, when your coach keeps picking people that you cannot fathom how they continue to hold a FG spot. I suppose Brown doesn't have any choice in terms of back-ups to Pompey. And JTB either?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Saw a replay again tonight, made it look like Aitkens hand on side of ball while other angle showed Broncos on top. So simultaneously.
And what's the rule for simultaneous? Surely no try because it went up as no try (didn't it?)

The Bunker is so f**king random. I never saw that as a try for a second, and I'm sitting there begging for it to be.

Aitkens right handis on top of Coats right hand, but his left is under on the side of the ball.
If you go to the other shot taken from the goal post, it looks all Coats, as Aitkens left hand on the hidden side of the ball.
Amazing it got overturned as don't think they looked that close.
Aitkens Hand.jpg