What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday: Warriors v Tigers rd 11

Blair

Coach
Phew, just like the Tigers, we often don't do it easy.

Grandstand finish. The two sin-bins were the difference!

Big Marn

Juniors
He’s been useless today, ridiculous what gold Walsh can spin with so little to work with
i was thinking the same thing when i was watching the game. Next year, if we could attract some players with real talent, we might have a chance at something.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Wow, you giftwrapped that game for the Tigers but they are so poor they couldn’t open the present !!

Fullback with a passing game is a complete game changer and it’s what all the special ones have, and Walsh is showing all the signs early. My only fear with him is the big money that will come his way in a coupe of years

The back row needs some work, Tevaga, Murchie and Curran are a lot of liabilities to carry in a squad. One stood out for me, 5mins before ht, Warriors with all the momentum, late in the count on halfway Jazz gives away a ridiculous 6 again, do that against a top side and you get punished

Haven’t read through the game day chat, but if that’s the standard going forward with the high contact I’m happy to run with that, last week either of those 3 high shots by Jazz and Murchie would have gone

Tigers bobble missed in tackle.

Same set results in a try.

Walsh misreading grubber allows Tigers to try.

0-4

Tigers error gives us territory.

Walsh hit Montoya with a cutout pass on the wing who barges over.

Walsh looking like a half not a Fullback.

4-4

MM loses ball inside Tigers half.

Tigers end a repeat set.

Brooks draws in Nikoirma and Garner goes thru the gap left between Nikoirma and Aitken.

4-10

Jazz slips in a high shot and is on report.

RTS hunted down on the break.

Do we have sprint trainers?

Nikorima taken out, but bunker determines it shoulder to shoulder 20m restart.

RTS a great winger, playing in centres late pass for Murchie with great hands to score.

10-10

Walsh needs to learn to pick the pass, thru a shocker to RTS when a gap.

Then throws a near intercept, luckly knocked on

3rd time it's right as RTS unmarked, great vision. (forward??)

14-10

Tigers hanging around post, so instead of spreading it wide we bomb to the middle.

Looks like Chanel has knocked it on in the goal.

Good defense pushes Tigers out by Murchie and Atiken

Nikorima a great pass after tigers turn in to take Aitken and leave Walsh wide open for the line. Massive dive.

18-10

Conversions misses could be costly.

Halftime.

WTF, Montoya with a shocker in a bouncing ball kicked from 30m out and Nofoaluma pounces and scores.

18-16

Montoya with 2 on 1 doesn't pass to RTS on outside.

Montoya kicks ball when Walsh sitting inside.

Jazz with his second highshot.

Lucky lucky not in bin.

Terrible pass by Katoa intercepted on their 10m by Nafaloma and MM got him, held to long, Nofaloma also sold it and MM get 10 in bin.

Tigers take 2

18-18

A long 10 mins coming up, we could be in trouble.

Murchie, been so so good and loses it in play the ball.

Murchie goes high, not in bin, WOW!

Fair call, but would have been bin last week.

Tigers take the 2 when we have a man in the bin???

18-20

Katoa you idiot, lifting 1 leg when he had waste wrapped, goes past horizontal 10 in bin for him.

Just as MM was coming back on. Idiot..

14mins left.

Aussie Jim gives Harris a crusher.

Giving us some field possession.

Egan nails a try under the post grubbered thru by Nikorima who changed direction.

24-20

Walsh with a magic ball around the corner to Montoya, Pompey let's it go past, and Montoya improves the position.

30-20

Do we need 13 on the field???

Tigers short kickoff regathered after Pompey knocks it on.

Tactical captains challenge after a Pompey knock on call. Replay showing Dewey in the mix and bunker sees it that way.

RTS drops it in tackle, but challenges it.

That was the tactical one, for a rest before defending.

Walsh throws himself at Tigers winger to slow him down, tigers blow it next play.

Tigers Fullback makes a break after RTS misses it, Walsh slows it down. Ball does to RTS for intercept and goes back to Tigers. Aussie Jim crashes at post and should have been stopped but pulls it out

And scores.

30-26

Final min madness.

Denied threw a 2m forward pass on last tackle and ref calls restart after Jazz knock it. Tigers go left with plenty of number, massive scramble, ball goes back right and football gods have Dewie knock it on and into touch!!!

This team is going to kill me!!

Haven’t read through the game day chat, but if that’s the standard going forward with the high contact I’m happy to run with that, last week either of those 3 high shots by Jazz and Murchie would have gone
Agree, I think most fans would be happy with that as the standard. Next game has 2 off for 10mins, but they both swinging arms that made contact with head and both players stayed down.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Agree, I think most fans would be happy with that as the standard. Next game has 2 off for 10mins, but they both swinging arms that made contact with head and both players stayed down.

zero issues with the sin bins today. BMM was a standard professional foul, Katoa definitely lifted a bit too far. But the Jazz and Murchison ones were incidental contact and penalties at best, not comparable to say Taumalolo yesterday when he got the target right on the bugle.

Rich102

Staff member
Pompey is a big concern for me. He can't pass right to left. Has anybody seen him pass to his winger?
Walsh has passed to the winger more than him.
He just cuts back inside - too predictable. And anybody notice he went to chip on the first tackle till somebody yelled at him.

Jazz is a big problem for me. Huge risk for little return. Can lose the game. Multiple times I heard the referee calling him out. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

Anybody see anything of Kodi for the first 30 minutes of the second half? Was he off having a cup of tea and a biscuit?

Look, it was only the Tigers but we nearly lost it. We should be getting better - not worse.

nswarrior

Juniors
Just watched the replay - the team looked a bit tired at times and let the Tigers make good yardage

but we were not too bad:

- 2 of Tigers 4 tries were from kicks and 1 was an absolute howler from Montoya and how did we let Aussie Jim score when we had 3 players on him
- we scored 6 tries to 4 despite being down to 12 men for 20 mins
- we bombed a couple of tries - why did Montoya kick rather than pass to Walsh
- discipline was poor and should improve
- fitness looks very poor and should improve

Big Marn

Juniors
Just watched the replay - the team looked a bit tired at times and let the Tigers make good yardage

but we were not too bad:

- 2 of Tigers 4 tries were from kicks and 1 was an absolute howler from Montoya and how did we let Aussie Jim score when we had 3 players on him
short turnaround - Sun to Friday has more of an effect on players than you would think.

vvvrulz

Coach
I hate to be that optimistic Warriors fan again, but I thought that was a decent performance despite it going to the wire at the end.

but we were not too bad:

... was about to rattle off what I liked about it, but this summed it up ^

We clean up some stupidity and we win that easy.
The brain fades need to be desperately coached out of our game.