What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Games

astrogirl

First Grade
My sisters and I played Scrabble on Christmas day. It's gotta be up there - I love it. Reminds me of childhood :D Also love Chinese checkers and Monopoly.

:crazy:

What's your favourite?

astrogirl

First Grade
Short rules Stranger?

We NEVER finish - we always feel sorry for the player who's going broke, and lend them money!

Stranger

Coach
Normal rules! hahaha, its a dog eat dog world :lol::lol:

we FINISHED! first game that hasn't ended in a fight :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've been told that I will be introduced to Risk when I visit my mates in Sydney. I've played it before on the old Mac, so I vaguley enjoy it.

Favourite game? Trivial Pursuit all the way.

axie

Juniors
Hungry Hungry Hippo! My sister (23) got it for xmas, I had forgotten just how good that game is ...

garden fairy

Juniors
Oh my god! Twister for sure! There are so many varieties...drunken, naked, baby oil...I kill it at all three!

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Yeah I am a real Monopoly shark. I'm pretty ruthless. We played it on our church camp once and I swear some people thought I was the antichrist by the end of the games night.
But I love pretty much ANY board/card games. A few of my favourites are Survivor (but we dont tend to play that any more coz I always get voted off first), Monopoly (obviously), Game of Life and Stratego.
I got the 24 (TV Show) DVD Board Game for Christmas and let me just say it bites big time. I took it back yesterday and swapped it for the Lost Board Game. The concept was great but it lacked polish and the challenges were weirdly controlled so I would highly recommend avoiding it.
I also used to play collectable card games such as Magic: The Gathering and the Star Trek CCG. I still have a fairly extensive collection of cards from both games with a few of the cards worth big $$$.

macavity

Referee
billionaire is the best!

love trivial pursuit too, but no one wil ever play it with me cause i kick their butt everytime... :(

cluedo is fun too, but same scenerio as above...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oh my god! Twister for sure! There are so many varieties...drunken, naked, baby oil...I kill it at all three!

I think I just messed myself.

love trivial pursuit too, but no one wil ever play it with me cause i kick their butt everytime...

I'll take you. The gauntlet has been thrown down, my friend.

les norton

First Grade
I'll be in that game...I am the trivial queen!!!! :D

Balderdash is a ripper. I love scattergories too.

Tristan got risk for xmas, he has wiped out the world a couple of times over now. :D

roopy

Referee
i'm a trivial pursuit shark - but so are my brothers - so we have good games against each other - but no one else will play us.

I'll be in on that Trivial Pursuit game... and I'll be any colour you like. Much like my lovely friend above me there, I will not be relying on luck...

roopy

Referee
so how do we play this game - does someone ask the questions from the cards - and we trust each other to stay away from google

astrogirl

First Grade
lol on the net? you'd need a random number generator for the roll of the dice, and people could post questions from the right category? I have trivial pursuit so I could do a bit of that.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I never really played board games while I was growing up. I don't know the rules for anything except chess, which makes it difficult in class when a couple of kids have a disagreement in a game and I'm supposed to sort it out. :oops:

A few years back, my friend and I saw a game at the shops called 'Fact or Crap'. It looked OK but we didn't get it. Then for Christmas, she made me our own version of it ... all the questions related to memories from our lives ... and the game pieces were mini footy players she made! They're made of wood with painted on jerseys and a photo for the face. There's Joey, Luke Ricketson, Bryan Fletcher and ... someone else but I forget who ... haven't played it in a while! :-k The box it's in is a photo collage of us with our friends and footy players. It was such a good idea, I loved it!