What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gareth Ellis

shags

Juniors
Hi guys. Just wondering how if this bloke was an 60 min or 80 min player?? I know the tiges have shelled out big bucks so they wouldn't want him on the bench for too long. Also how has he gone in the trials thus far??

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Was hands down our best last week, first game I've seen him in person. Good quick footwork, strong in defence, looks like an 80 minute player.

tiger_nick

Bench
as TH said was our best by some margin last week. runs hard, has good footwork before the line, can offload and tackles like a beast. a roosters back made a break and was stepping players sideways then BAM he ran into ellis who hit him like a truck.

and sheens says he has some defence issues.....

westie

Bench
How good is this. Sheens reckons the lad doesn't know the basics of RL - yet he's a world above the blokes he's hand picked and moulded for 7 years. WTF.

I don't understand this 80 minute bullsh*t. We've got an unneccessary amount of interchanges in league at the moment, why not use them. Heighno wouldn't be nearly as bad if he he had a rest.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
But then Sheens wouldn't be able to select a utility and a back on the bench? Not to mention leave whoever's in his doghouse on the bench for 74 minutes.

JasonE

Bench
as TH said was our best by some margin last week. runs hard, has good footwork before the line, can offload and tackles like a beast. a roosters back made a break and was stepping players sideways then BAM he ran into ellis who hit him like a truck.

and sheens says he has some defence issues.....

By that I think he means that Ellis isn't used to wrestling like they do in the NRL, as a defender there aren't many better.

super_coach

First Grade
Sheen's bench make up and the way he uses it is madness. Usually a small outside back who can expect anything up to 3 minutes game time late in the game, two pigmy forwards used for impact, both of whom couldn't run through a paper bag followed by a front rower who can also expect two stints of three minutes to show his wares.

If Sheens uses his bench as in the past Ellis will be getting plenty of game time. Also you have to remember the bench comes under Royce,s portfolio the side-line general so dont expect anything different from sizzler

alien

Referee
We need Ellis to have plenty of time on the field super coach. I think the way to go for the interchange is to have 2 front rowers, 1 second rower and a utility player that can cover injuries and replace robbie if he needs a rest (probably John Morris)