What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gareth widdop

rednwhites

Juniors
Thank you Gareth. As we look excitedly to next week I can't help but stop and feel for this guy a bit. Must be hurting both physically and emotionally to not take part in our next game. He really made a difference coming back today and it will be harder without our captain. Apparently the shoulder didn't go back in until after full time. He's a tough bloke. Will be back better and fitter next year.

getsmarty

Immortal
Thank you Gareth. As we look excitedly to next week I can't help but stop and feel for this guy a bit. Must be hurting both physically and emotionally to not take part in our next game. He really made a difference coming back today and it will be harder without our captain. Apparently the shoulder didn't go back in until after full time. He's a tough bloke. Will be back better and fitter next year.

Yep cops a lot of unfair criticism...
a classy player.

utility dragon

Juniors
I’m not trying to be selfish here but can we strap him up and inject him with everything and let him play next week? He obviously needs surgery so why not roll the dice now?

Brutalitops

Juniors
Gareth was the reason we started so well. It's gonna be tough without him and I fear we will not overcome the Bunnies but you know what, I don't even care right now. We smashed the f**king Broncos and knocked them out, our team held together fantastically after losing 3 top players and we won a finals match.

Even if we lose next week, I will be proud of this game

Mickthedragon

Juniors
E
Gareth was the reason we started so well. It's gonna be tough without him and I fear we will not overcome the Bunnies but you know what, I don't even care right now. We smashed the f**king Broncos and knocked them out, our team held together fantastically after losing 3 top players and we won a finals match.

Even if we lose next week, I will be proud of this game
Exactly this, and winning that way with all the injuries can do wonders for the rest of the team who are fit the next week when they play again. It should give them some much needed confidence.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Playing today with a shoulder that he already knew needed an operation and one that was obviously unstable shows his courage and commitment to this team. I bet the boys understood the danger he was putting himself in. No wonder they came out hitting as hard as they did. Thanks Gareth. Class.

Dragsters

First Grade
Playing today with a shoulder that he already knew needed an operation and one that was obviously unstable shows his courage and commitment to this team. I bet the boys understood the danger he was putting himself in. No wonder they came out hitting as hard as they did. Thanks Gareth. Class.

Well said mate...

Dragsters

First Grade
I’m not trying to be selfish here but can we strap him up and inject him with everything and let him play next week? He obviously needs surgery so why not roll the dice now?

Not sure if he actually dislocated it again tonight or if he just hurt it.

Time will tell I guess...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I thought this until I saw the team rally in his absence, with Hunt, McInnes and Mann all stepping up when he left the field

Mann’s contribution after Widdop’s injury has been vastly ignored. I’m more concerned about Jack’s injury. If Ben Hunt can replicate yesterday’s form next week, Saints will be fine.

Remember, the weight of expectation will be on South Sydney.

There was so much to like about that performance.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Mann’s contribution after Widdop’s injury has been vastly ignored. I’m more concerned about Jack’s injury. If Ben Hunt can replicate yesterday’s form next week, Saints will be fine.

Remember, the weight of expectation will be on South Sydney.

There was so much to like about that performance.
well said jimmy .dont forget that team that beat the donkeys all those years ago was minus a truck load of talent so anythings possible

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I'm a fan of Gareth was well and he should be in the team if fit, however the difference yesterday was the forwards. We belted the Broncos. The forwards created space and the backs closed out opportunities.

If the forwards have a similar impact on Souths next week, then our backs can score the points to win.

Carlton

Juniors
One of the things I really liked in that game was Frizz running at spaces instead of at players. He is so much more dangerous when he is threatening to break the line rather than always targeting a defender.