What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garth Brennan and Titans part ways, Holbrook to take over in 2020

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Pennies just have way too much to play for, and the Tits already have one eye on Mad Monday and saying goodbye to their coach.

Not surprising, he had an unenviable job trying to get that rabble competitive. A Bennett or a Bellamy would struggle to get the Titans back on track.

King hit

Coach
Remember Meninga backing the Titans to win the premiership and praising Brennan back in March ;). The Titans are just a total rabble in every way possible. Guessing they will go hard at Kevin Walters as he has aspirations to coach in the NRL. Can't imagine he would do any better.

As I've said many times before the Gold Coast should just be forgotten about by now. The area is a total graveyard for sport everything they've tried there has been a total failure. Nobody there cares.

ReddFelon

Juniors
What is the Gold Coast so doomed to fail? With Keebra Park High and all the other famous rugby league schools there, you'd think it would be an NRL city. But it's like they put a team in Launceston.

Because the Gold Coast isn't far enough away from Brisbane, I've lived out here for 12 weeks now and everywhere I go it's Broncos fans or fans of a handful of Sydney teams. It takes longer to get from Bondi Junction to Parramatta then it does to get from Southport to Brisbane. Add to that the Titans have sucked, most people just chose to stick with the Broncos. It's a great place for junior development, but just like their AFL team people who are interested already supported other teams.

Diesel

Referee
Their roster is unbelievably overrated but it also shouldn't be a spoon roster...he always sounds clueless when spoken to

But the Titans are a waste of a license anyway IMO
I don’t think they’re a waste of a license, I think the old owners, who are pretty much the new owners, are the ones who have wasted an opportunity

Bazal

Post Whore
I don’t think they’re a waste of a license, I think the old owners, who are pretty much the new owners, are the ones who have wasted an opportunity

They've never been successful in any incarnation. Too close to a historically successful Brisbane club and too plastic and fake to genuinely attract fans. I just can't see the point.

Diesel

Referee
They've never been successful in any incarnation. Too close to a historically successful Brisbane club and too plastic and fake to genuinely attract fans. I just can't see the point.
From the outside, the owners don’t seem to be any different from the ones that drove the original license into the ground

ram raid

Bench
Because the Gold Coast isn't far enough away from Brisbane, I've lived out here for 12 weeks now and everywhere I go it's Broncos fans or fans of a handful of Sydney teams. It takes longer to get from Bondi Junction to Parramatta then it does to get from Southport to Brisbane. Add to that the Titans have sucked, most people just chose to stick with the Broncos. It's a great place for junior development, but just like their AFL team people who are interested already supported other teams.

Makes sense I guess.

No offence to any Gold Coast people, but yas sound like a bunch of snobby ungrateful twats.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Their roster is unbelievably overrated but it also shouldn't be a spoon roster...he always sounds clueless when spoken to

But the Titans are a waste of a license anyway IMO
Pretty much this. Moving it to Brisbane won’t solve anything. History repeats again on the Gold Coast and everyone is shocked by the failure.
I’d like the bears on the central coast

ReddFelon

Juniors
Makes sense I guess.

No offence to any Gold Coast people, but yas sound like a bunch of snobby ungrateful twats.

I think it's more imagine you're a person living on the Gold Coast, your only options for supporting RL were a team that changed its name every 2-3 years and went from playing in Tweed Heads to Carrara over its short life. Or you've had to support a recently created team with no real connection to the local club scene. If you were a 90s kid you probably only knew the Broncos.

Fangs

Coach
Sad for Brennan. But potentially good in the long-run for the Titans. They are a total mess and need changes. Their performances (If you can call it that) of late could be described as soulless.

Wonder if Nathan Brown is interested in another rebuild job?

Dead set they should get Brian Smith.

Generalzod

Immortal
Why not just keep him there till the end of the year it’s not far off anyway..

Last edited:

ram raid

Bench
I think it's more imagine you're a person living on the Gold Coast, your only options for supporting RL were a team that changed its name every 2-3 years and went from playing in Tweed Heads to Carrara over its short life. Or you've had to support a recently created team with no real connection to the local club scene. If you were a 90s kid you probably only knew the Broncos.

I imagine myself getting behind the team as a 'second team', at least. Or just to support the game. It looks like a great stadium to watch the footy.

People seem to think a second Brisbane team would work. That would be contingent on some fans abandoning the Broncs.

I'm sure Logan just up the road would support the f**k out of a team.