What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garth Brennan and Titans part ways, Holbrook to take over in 2020

ReddFelon

Juniors
I imagine myself getting behind the team as a 'second team', at least. Or just to support the game. It looks like a great stadium to watch the footy.

People seem to think a second Brisbane team would work. That would be contingent on some fans abandoning the Broncs.

I'm sure Logan just up the road would support the f**k out of a team.

It's a good stadium (it's literally just Suncorp shrunken down), I think the Titans management have done a terrible job embracing the locals though. I live down the road from two RL clubs and apparently both have had more visits from QRL and Broncos players for junior sessions than they have the Titans.

ram raid

Bench
It's a good stadium (it's literally just Suncorp shrunken down), I think the Titans management have done a terrible job embracing the locals though. I live down the road from two RL clubs and apparently both have had more visits from QRL and Broncos players for junior sessions than they have the Titans.

Sad if that's the case. Sad to see such a waste of a good stadium too.

The Titans did seem to have some energy for their first couple of years. But it just fizzled. I guess that's what happens when you lose. I feel really bad for the rusted on Titans fans there (I know there are some). I would be really pissed off to have invested all that energy all for nothing.

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah I think the Hayne Plane helped derail things severely.

I don’t buy that they are a poor team. They are probably a mid table team and probably a team that hasn’t delivered on their potential.

They have Arrow who is a gun, Peachey, Peats, and Wallace who have all played Origin and Boyd has played for Australia. Proctor is a Kiwis international. Gash Taylor was supposedly the next big thing. Mick Gordon is old but he’s been a really good player for years. AJ Brimson is an excellent talent. Fotueaka is a very good prop. Anthony Don is as consistent a finisher as you will find. Copley has talent but is injury prone.

It’s their history though. They’ve had a lot of players that should be ready to take the next step up in their careers but they just don’t. Leilani Latu, what’s happened to him? Bryce Cartwright has become an absolute plodder. Shannon Boyd has dropped off the face of the earth. Clearly Peachey couldn’t give two flying you know what’s about the joint. Gash has gone from poster child to preparing for his next career of being a residential garbage truck runner. The fall of these players has been absolutely incredulous. Kevin Proctor is another one. Absolute lemon up there.

mongoose

Coach
Because the Gold Coast isn't far enough away from Brisbane, I've lived out here for 12 weeks now and everywhere I go it's Broncos fans or fans of a handful of Sydney teams. It takes longer to get from Bondi Junction to Parramatta then it does to get from Southport to Brisbane. Add to that the Titans have sucked, most people just chose to stick with the Broncos. It's a great place for junior development, but just like their AFL team people who are interested already supported other teams.

I used to live in Nerang about 6 years ago, the club has fans all over south east qld and northern NSW, it's a myth that no one supports them. I live in Brisbane now and I occasionally see Titans jerseys in the city. Just like any club if they aren't performing on the field the fans disappear and they have only made the finals once since 2011.

f**king finally, great guy but shit coach. Some of his signings:

Boyd - Big, dumb and massively overrated. NFI how this plodder ever played for Australia
Cartwright - Had one good season, was shit since. Only signed him because he coached him in the 20s
Peachey - Overrated, not the kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. Pea heart.
Stockwell - Because he's Garth's son in law
Latu - What happened to this guy?
Lee - There is a reason even the Bulldogs didn't want him

And to f**k us over even more, he signed the first three (not sure about Latu) on decent money which should have been used to lock up guys like Mo, Arrow and AJ.

The only good thing he did was get rid of Elgey, otherwise he put us in a worse position than ever before by blowing money on rejects from other clubs.

Last edited:

ram raid

Bench
T. BARRETT !!!
Time to shine Baz.

Seems like a Jason Taylor type gig to me; An arrogant little wank with a messiah complex. Delusional enough to think he can succeed where nobody else can. He can talk it up and keep morale together before everybody gets the shits with him by the end of the year and then go back to the Bears (if they still want him).

ReddFelon

Juniors
I used to live in Nerang about 6 years ago, the club has fans all over south east qld and northern NSW, it's a myth that no one supports them. I live in Brisbane now and I occasionally see Titans jerseys in the city. Just like any club if they aren't performing on the field the fans disappear and they have only made the finals once since 2011.

But that's 6 years ago. I work with people who would also tell you about the days of yore at the Crushers Leagues club, but when I speak to younger people, particularly the ones who play OzTag the general response I get is "They're shit, I back the Broncos".

PARRA_FAN

Coach
A change of coach won't help. Theyre a real mess up there.

I don't think theyve got a good roster but its certainly not a wooden spoon roster.. On paper they should be better but some of their big name players have been terrible and haven't stepped up.

I feel for the next coach coming in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They just need a few winning seasons and the owners to get their act together engaging the fans. It’s a RL city of 500k people with a beaut stadium. They have a lot of potential to realise. I’m not convinced selling the club to the previous owners was a good idea, but maybe there were no other Options?