What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier and Ryles - Thanks for the memories

Russo

Juniors
As cut as i was to see Gasnier and Ryles leave the dragons, thanks for the memories and just from that interview we got to see how emotional Gasnier really is... They both tried their arses off tonight and i thank them. We will miss you both and all the best in France...

Too bad we couldn't finish the season better for you both...

Dragon_Boy

Juniors
Jason Ryles was a liability and a pain in the backside - He constantly gave away penalties and threw miracle offloads that usually meant a turn over (The sharks game this year is a perfect example)

I'd pay half of our salary cap in security to make sure he doesn't come back to Australia.

As for Gasnier - He was a superstar when you're up by 20 but could never get it done when it counted.

Shimmy Shimmy Woosh thank god..

smacky

Juniors
Jason Ryles was a liability and a pain in the backside - He constantly gave away penalties and threw miracle offloads that usually meant a turn over (The sharks game this year is a perfect example)

I'd pay half of our salary cap in security to make sure he doesn't come back to Australia.

As for Gasnier - He was a superstar when you're up by 20 but could never get it done when it counted.

I have to agree sorta.....It will be sad with them gone but i think its for the best... I think next yr we will start to work as a team better with no real superstars. Ryles go forward will be missed alot but im glad we wont have those heart attack offloads and brain explosions.
As for Gaz well on his day no one could stop him... too bad his day was only a couple times a season. Not worth the money he was on too miss half the year with injuries and only show us glimpses of brilliance

saint-colesy

Juniors
it was sad to see the reality of him leaving hit him thanks to that grub ben iken

thanks for the memories gaz, you will be missed

God-King Dean

Immortal
I admit it - I cried. :lol:

Ryles has been such a loyal servant to the club. Wish he could have left a better way.

Gasnier... well you can say what you like about him. But he's given me a lot of my favourite Rugby League memories. The best one-on-one player I've ever seen.

Good luck to em.

SET2JT

Juniors

ryles yes. he didnt muscle up in defence for a knckout semi he should have hit a lot harder i.e shreck last knight.gaz would b missed hes a class player and tried his heart out.ive never been so happy 2 see 1 of our players go as i am 2 day. that player is rogers

nadine

Juniors
Thanks for the memories to those two and also put a shout-out to Reyno and wish him a great retirement. :)

timma

Juniors
Thanks Gaz and Ryles , they were awesome players and now are Dragon legends , Good luck in France

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade

totally agree, good ridence to both

juanfarkall

Coach
Like most, I will always wonder how much better either player could have been with coaches other than Farrar and Brown.

Mr Red

First Grade
All i can say is thank heavens we had Mark Gasnier in our team... although at times his defence was shaky i cant remember how many times he single handedly won games for us with his attacking brilliance - he more then made up for Browns sh*t game plans with his ability to create somethign out of nothing... WE WILL MISS HIM.

As for Jason Ryles... well he was often our best forward but really... i can never remember him ever dominating any of the big matches... whether it be a finals game for the dragons or an origin match... he always seemed to go missing in action in the big games...

i am most sad to see Morris go to the bulldogs... i think he is a big loss and i would have loved to see how much he improved next season with Bennett at the helm..

gregstar

Referee
they both tried their *rses off last night. along with creagh, cooper & young.

expect a totally different style of play next year under creeping - the outside backs need quality possession on the back of a no frills, kickarse, straight running forward pack.

sting

Bench
i normally cry but i was way too pissed. don't even remember much of the second half. i just got heaps abusive telling all the manly fans to eat dicks haha

bazookabarry

Juniors
ryles and gaz tried their best last night. i cant fault ryles all year, he never stopped trying. wishing them both all the best.

dragonfan1

Juniors
Thanks ryles, thanks gasnier. If only brown didn't play rogers you may have stuck around for a couple more weeks or so... :x

While not veterans, thanks josh, setu and chase. You guys had some memorable games. :(

Saintsman

Juniors

He also made countless tackles and countless good offloads which lead to line breaks and always did the hard hit-ups. He hasn't given away many penalties in the back half of the year. All he has done is the hard work. Stop holding grudges from previous years and earlier this year when he was a pain in the ass. Hes been our best forward and one of our best players in the back half of the year.