What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB need to play more trials if they expect to beat roos

newcastle_guy

Juniors
great britain need to play a few more trials against some decent teams if they are serious about taking down the roos.

how can they expect to have any momentum and gel as a side when they only play against the NZ residents?

they wont be well enough prepared

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Good point, they need warm up games against teams like France or even Russia. Its not an easy task to beat the Aussies no matter how depleted they are. Remember what happened last year flogged 64-10, a week after they flew from England, with no warm up game. I said before the Kiwi test match, international teams need warm up games to prepare for the big matches. Otherwise the test matches would turn out to be an absolute joke, just like the last two Sydney test matches.

yakstorm

First Grade
On the other side of the coin, already Australian players are pretty tired and injuried, if a few more key players pick up injuries against the like of the sides in France, England A and Wales, GB only playing a game to gel together may work in their favour.

yakstorm

First Grade
Yes but you also have to take into account things like players falling out of form, together if all the injuries occured in just the forwards, or halves, it could cause problems.

In-goal

Bench
I would have liked to see GB play a match against France but this isn't possible due to the Euro nations cup, the only other option could have been a RSL select side.

I think a good hitout against the NZ residents may prove enough though.

obsulete

Juniors
I thought that when the tour was first confirmed a 2 test hitout against France was the first thing they looked at?

The residence team will give the Lions a run for their money I think.

Latest posts