What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GC v CC

dimitri

First Grade
Trial crowds over night -

GC - over 16,000

CC - approx 6,000

surely this says that the people of the GC are willing to go and support RL

GC must be the next NRL team!!!

no matter if they are dolphins, or any other name

miccle

Bench
Amen. The Courier Mail actually states the crowd at Gosford as 4,500. When 16,500 showed up to the GC, there's almost no contest. IMO they will get 15,000 again there next weekend for the Panthers vs. Roosters match, and apparently some of the head honchos from the NRL will be there too...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was at CCEAS - it was pouring rain most of the night and dangerous storms pushed kickoff back 15-30 minutes for both games. The weather was almost as bad as the recent hailstorm we had.

Surely you jest dimitri - A pretty sad argument given you took nothing but figures into account.

Newie v Sharks will probably draw a lot more given it's a full-fledged trial on Saturday.

dimitri

First Grade
the CC always has an excuse

but the thing with excuses is that when you use them too often nobody believes them

eagle_eye

Juniors
rugby league has missed their chance in central coast, and soccer has snapped it up with a new team in the A - League playing out of express advocate. The only option i believe now is gold coast, especially if soccer takes off now in gosford

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

So blind.

I live in Gosford. I went to the game, despite the weather. The small crowd was a direct result of extremely poor weather that struck Gosford at around 4pm. Had it been very stormy and raining on the GC the crowd wouldn't have topped 6 or 7k.

Excuses maybe, but valid ones. :D

Timmah

Staff member
Gee I wonder why you believe that eagle eye?

Maybe because you're a MANLY SUPPORTER.

Hope the bandwagon breaks down :roll:

Happy Gilmore

Juniors
I happened to be at that game on the CC, nothing else to do. :lol:

But the weather was terrible, 10,000 wouldve been great considering all the seats uncovered were wet even the ones that were just under cover, we had to force our way up the stands, and even some of those seats were wet. If it didnt rain they wouldve got a lot more and thats no excuse.

Utey

Coach
Weather was the cause. Even the most diehard fans think twice about going when its pouring. I know I do. But get over it and go.

Iafeta

Referee
It rains a sh!tload through the NRL season, still you usually see 5 figure crowds. And remember, in those times its broadcast on the radio/tv as well so you can get cosy at home and not miss a thing - trials are not covered.

Not a good sign for CC, regardless of the weather.

Timmah

Staff member
Well done contradicting yourself Iafeta - "trials are not covered"

Hence why alot of people wouldn't have known, and many of those who did would've decided against going once the rain poured.

Not a good sign for the CC to those who support the GC bid maybe, but that's about it.

Iafeta

Referee
dodge said:
Well done contradicting yourself Iafeta - "trials are not covered"

Hence why alot of people wouldn't have known, and many of those who did would've decided against going once the rain poured.

Not a good sign for the CC to those who support the GC bid maybe, but that's about it.

Aren't covered as in not on TV? :roll: The point is, the match was not on TV or radio, at least thats an excuse to stay home in the regular season.

No, thats completely wrong that there's no pre-match advertisements. Why then do GC get great crowds for pre-season games, why is it that Hamilton sell out pre-season games? Perhaps then the Central Coast administration need to get off their backside and be more proactive in the community to get the idea out and about. I'm still sure in the local rag there would have been pre-match write ups or at worst an advertisement for it. Again I reiterate, how the Gold Coast people know to show up? Wait and see it advertised on TV? :iwstupid:

If there's no advertising for the game, thats not GC or Wellington's problem, thats a Central Coast problem and needs serious addressing before the bid can be seriously looked at.

Happy Gilmore

Juniors
Believe me the only good seats you wouldve got was in the grand stands, or the two back rows in the terraces. Otherwise you're gonna get ur @ss wet.

Iafeta

Referee
Happy Gilmore said:
Believe me the only good seats you wouldve got was in the grand stands, or the two back rows in the terraces. Otherwise you're gonna get ur @ss wet.

I've seen some howling nights at Ericsson in the late 90's, when the Warriors were in dire straights on and off the paddock, still a lot of people sat in the uncovered Eastern Stand no worries at all.

Jamesy

Juniors
The weatehr is no excuse for the CC, It was pissing down rain all nite for the Souths v Dragons match, and they still managed to get over 20 000.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yes, if you count the 4,000 people that turned up the Parramatta/Warriors game 5 years ago. :lol: If any Parra supporter doesnt remember that game it was when Dave Penna kicked the winning field goal.