What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Hooked

Juniors
Unbelievable only 2 years older then me. I thought he was 50 or something. I also thought he play alot more games. He is a good coach, but he also is coaching the Roosters and is no Bellamy. I wonder if he was ever given the Dogs job what would happen???

I don't care what his success was with Catalans. I would like to see him at another NRL club that doesn't have the same resources as the Roosters.
Let's see how good he really is.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't care what his success was with Catalans. I would like to see him at another NRL club that doesn't have the same resources as the Roosters.
Let's see how good he really is.

I think like Bennett he needs international players and unlimited resources. Cant (in my mind) tie Bellamy's shoe laces.

Fangs

Coach
Webster is essentially a stooge for Gould. I don't pay attention to his work.

Much like Kent and Rothfield what they write is total poison. With that said Rothfield is in a special category of terrible when it comes to journalism.

Iamback

Coach
Always agenda's. Webster did the disgraceful hatchet job on Hook before he was appointed to the Dragons. Whether people think he can coach or not it was poor behaviour from a journalist trying to influence a club's appointment.
I am sure it was done days after Gould's rant.

They are close. So wouldn't surprise me that is perfect example of poor journalism

Iamback

Coach
Webster is essentially a stooge for Gould. I don't pay attention to his work.

Much like Kent and Rothfield what they write is total poison. With that said Rothfield is in a special category of terrible when it comes to journalism.

40 years of alcohol abuse will do that

In a world of rising interest rates, inflation and $2 fuel.

Where pristine smug is a distant memory.

Soft music, dim lights and 360.

In the kitchen, a glass of red on the rocks.

Buzz gets the old pulse rate racing when you’re stuffing the Turkey

Nado is ours, he’s come home!

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
Some useful numbers. They jive mostly with what my eyes tell me. We are twice as good as the next and Parra were/are no exception. Souths problem is holes in their defensive line, not yardage. The Broncos surprise me as how bad they are, but it might be because they're being weighed down by such a bad start and it's not so indicative of their current standing.

Whino

Bench
Who would you rate as a decent league journalist ?

Not many. Some good writers on NRL.com and Fox Sports spits out the odd statistical analyst.

Steve Mascord isn't bad. He wrote for both major newspapers. These days writes the odd article for Rugby League Review after being a RLW scribe for many years. His book last year Two Tribes was enjoyable to read and well researched.
He is now based in London. You can tell he has a passion for the game, unlike the other deadbeats we have out here that just wanted to stir up shit.