What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

betcats

Referee
I’m sure Huni will dispose of Gallen easily, I just wonder how he is going to go about it. Is he going to be fair dunkum or is he going to use the bout as another sparring session. I won’t be spending the money to get it on PPV.

He will be taking it seriously. Its his biggest exposure yet, he will want to make sure he wins first of all and does it in an impressive way if possible.

WestyLife

First Grade
He will be taking it seriously. Its his biggest exposure yet, he will want to make sure he wins first of all and does it in an impressive way if possible.

You sound confident. I've refused to watch anything with Gallen because his fights have been a joke so far. No one serious.

Smug Panther

First Grade
You sound confident. I've refused to watch anything with Gallen because his fights have been a joke so far. No one serious.
Former world champs a joke? Gal is doing very well for himself, if he went all in 10 years ago he would have went top 10 in the world. Probably at cruiserweight

Kilkenny

Coach
Talking about his last fight? From the highlights looked like a shadow of his former self out for the $$

Fair play to Gallen, good luck to him, he is going to earn a big pay day against Huni and the Mickey Mouse show will be over.

I don’t think Justis Huni is an Olympic medal contender but he is a real boxer and will surely end the Gallen sideshow.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Fair play to Gallen, good luck to him, he is going to earn a big pay day against Huni and the Mickey Mouse show will be over.

I don’t think Justis Huni is an Olympic medal contender but he is a real boxer and will surely end the Gallen sideshow.
Won't be Gal's last fights that's for sure

betcats

Referee

he’s a very talented young boxer and very highly rated in aus boxing , his footwork and speed are incredible for a guy his size. His first three pro fights were two ref stoppages and a thrown in towel, he punished those guys, with his footwork he keeps guys outside his guard and just keeps nailing them with very quick combos and he doesn’t tire or slow down. Gal is going to get punished trying to get inside where he likes to be.

I watched big daddy at his best and this kid is far better. Very different styles of course this kids a genuine boxer, Browne and gal are brawlers.

betcats

Referee
If gal beats huni it would be huge for his career and devastating for a young highly rated guy like huni, he’s chasing the big fights once he can build his rep and get his name out there internationally but a loss to a footy player would really hurt him.

WestyLife

First Grade
he’s a very talented young boxer and very highly rated in aus boxing , his footwork and speed are incredible for a guy his size. His first three pro fights were two ref stoppages and a thrown in towel, he punished those guys, with his footwork he keeps guys outside his guard and just keeps nailing them with very quick combos and he doesn’t tire or slow down. Gal is going to get punished trying to get inside where he likes to be.

I watched big daddy at his best and this kid is far better. Very different styles of course this kids a genuine boxer, Browne and gal are brawlers.

Big wraps. Will have to look at some of his fights online.

To be fair to Gal he would be keeping up his professional nrl fitness which is elite.

betcats

Referee
Big wraps. Will have to look at some of his fights online.

To be fair to Gal he would be keeping up his professional nrl fitness which is elite.

Gal will be super fit no doubt about that.

I read today huni is only getting 15 percent of the bag so it’s not even about the money it’s just about building his profile and he only does that with a victory, and it really needs to be an impressive one for him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously if the guy were sending to the Olympics cant put Paul Gallen away inside the first three minutes then he shouldn’t be going to the olympics.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I admire Gal for getting in there and having a go as anyone who has stepped in the ring even just to spar will know its an extremely tough sport. And although Gal is super fit, this kid Huni is a boxer through and through and having seen his fights and looking at his amateur record I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever Gal is about to experience his first loss as a pro.

betcats

Referee
Yep for a bit of context on huni he gave up footy at 8 to focus on boxing, had his first fight at 10 and was junior world champ in 2016, he’s been focused on a boxing career for most of his life he knows boxing inside and out. It’s a huge step up for Gallen.

Kilkenny

Coach
100% and Gal is the f**king man testing himself like this

Full credit to Paul Gallen but seriously he has no chance against a proper boxer.

I hope he acquits himself well and can somehow stay on his feet for more than a round or two but you would have to think he is on a hiding to nothing.

John Hamblin

Juniors
It wasn't me but someone suggested the best way to stop players lying down pretending they have an injury from a high tackle is to make it a mandatory 2 minute spell on the sidelines, This would stop this "soccer rubbish:"

Latest posts