What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

The reason why Fish came back home... 😍

That is lovely; thanks for sharing.

If Fish was my son or brother I would say b@gger off going and sitting in a hotel for two weeks, to get out to then just play football and spend months away from your family. Stay at home.

As a Penrith supporter I hope he takes as much heed of my advice as my son or brother do!!

Fangs

Coach
I really can't stand Clint Gutherson. Especially after last night.

You'd think the bloke was Cameron Smith abusing his team mates for making errors. The guy is equally as crap as his team mates on the field.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think his choice of words were rather poor, but lots of things are said and done in the sporting field in the heat of battle. Shane Warne was guilty of one of the classics, for his ‘Can’t catch, can’t bowl’ in reference to one of his team mates during test match. Im sure our own Bill Ashurst who has been talked about recently on another thread was responsible for punching Mick Stephenson during one of there bust ups. Folklore suggested it happened during a game, but I think it actually happened off the field.

Not condoning what was said, but it happens.

Crashtest

Juniors
Hardly a surprise what Weidler wrote in his article today about Kikau. If they dont get him signed at a reasonable rate before November 1, I’d prefer they let him go rather than offer him $800k plus to match other offers

Billy money​

The Panthers want to lock away Viliame Kikau in a hurry because, on the open market, he is going to get offers of $800,000 or so. He will be seen as a prime signing for a struggling club, and that’s where a “silly” offer could come forth.

BxTom

Bench
Hardly a surprise what Weidler wrote in his article today about Kikau. If they dont get him signed at a reasonable rate before November 1, I’d prefer they let him go rather than offer him $800k plus to match other offers

Billy money​

The Panthers want to lock away Viliame Kikau in a hurry because, on the open market, he is going to get offers of $800,000 or so. He will be seen as a prime signing for a struggling club, and that’s where a “silly” offer could come forth.
Then let Kikau go. He isn't worth that money for 2-3 good games a year.

The_Frog

First Grade
Prior to the break we were killing it in nsw cup and flegg but cleary isnt a good enough coach to keep us winning with that many out.
Robinson is obviously a great coach, although he's not very gracious to his opponents, which loses him points with me. But there is more to it than Robinson is fantasic and Cleary is a bum. You should value his full strength side. It would be way above the allowed amount. They are somehow able to sign players for less than they are worth. Some of this is rookie players which we can do as well but the Morris brothers? That is the long and the short of it. How they are able to do this I don't really know, but it is understandable that there is scepticism.

The_Frog

First Grade
That is lovely; thanks for sharing.

If Fish was my son or brother I would say b@gger off going and sitting in a hotel for two weeks, to get out to then just play football and spend months away from your family. Stay at home.

As a Penrith supporter I hope he takes as much heed of my advice as my son or brother do!!
Congratulations James, stay as long as you need to, within reason.

Munky

Coach
Robinson is obviously a great coach, although he's not very gracious to his opponents, which loses him points with me. But there is more to it than Robinson is fantasic and Cleary is a bum. You should value his full strength side. It would be way above the allowed amount. They are somehow able to sign players for less than they are worth. Some of this is rookie players which we can do as well but the Morris brothers? That is the long and the short of it. How they are able to do this I don't really know, but it is understandable that there is scepticism.

Not to defend the chooks but Keary was forced out of a Souths by a toxic Rusty and the Morris Bros were close to the scrap heap. Wasn't Josh third choice at the sharks and was released before Xerri got done by ASADA?

The Roosters belted the Storm in a GF with Cronk as a gloried trainer.

Robinson is an excellent coach with results to back it up.

Crashtest

Juniors
JFH will be back.for the game against the bunnies according to NRL website.
The SMH reporting it as well. He is already back in QLD and been given equipment to train with whilst in lock down:

Meanwhile, Penrith received a boost with prop James Fisher-Harris returning to Queensland on Sunday where he will quarantine the next fortnight. There were fears the powerhouse prop who returned home to Sydney for the birth of his second child might struggle to get back across the border, especially after the weekend lockdown.

But Penrith officials told the Herald Fisher-Harris was already in Brisbane, had been given training equipment to use in his hotel room, and have five full days to train ahead of the all-important round 23 game against Souths, a match which could go a long way to determining second spot on the NRL ladder.

Alintheeast

Juniors
I think his choice of words were rather poor, but lots of things are said and done in the sporting field in the heat of battle. Shane Warne was guilty of one of the classics, for his ‘Can’t catch, can’t bowl’ in reference to one of his team mates during test match. Im sure our own Bill Ashurst who has been talked about recently on another thread was responsible for punching Mick Stephenson during one of there bust ups. Folklore suggested it happened during a game, but I think it actually happened off the field.

Not condoning what was said, but it happens.
It happened after a training session, evidently history was made as Bob the Bear O’Rielly actually stopped eating his meat pie and walked over to watch the two poms going at it.

Latest posts