What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
I must be one of the lucky ones. I had two doses of AZ no issues washed down with a few beers!
Despite the minuscule risks around blood clots the research suggests it is the more effective vaccine. Go figure given the damaging narrative put out by some of our so called health experts.

Hooked

Juniors
Despite the minuscule risks around blood clots the research suggests it is the more effective vaccine. Go figure given the damaging narrative put out by some of our so called health experts.

Dr Ross Walker on 2gb made a lot of sense. The rare clots mainly effects people with low level platelets.
His logic made me reconsider AZ.
I talked it over with my doctor and got it.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Dr Ross Walker on 2gb made a lot of sense. The clots mainly effects people with low level platelets.
His logic made me reconsider AZ.
I talked it over with my doctor and got the gab.
Same here. I had a heart attack which was caused by blood clots. Also, there has not been any reported blood clotting issues after the second jab.

Kilkenny

Coach
Go figure, greater risk of being fatally killed crossing the road. Our so called leaders have a lot to answer for particularly the so called expert in Queensland. Such a shame AZ was tarnished given its plentiful supply.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Go figure, greater risk of being fatally killed crossing the road. Our so called leaders have a lot to answer for particularly the so called expert in Queensland. Such a shame AZ was tarnished given its plentiful supply.

10 Million AZ doses in Australia 6 deaths from blood clots.

John Hamblin

Juniors
We all love Dylan Edwards' wholehearted effort every week but his ongoing injuries are a real concern. Les Johns who played for the Bulldogs formerly the Berries played 104 first grade games in 9 years in the 60s and 70s. He was a brilliant fullback who also played for NSW and Australia. However the story at the time was that he wouldn't play unless 100% fit and at times dropped out late before games hence the nickname "dandruff".

Kilkenny

Coach
We all love Dylan Edwards' wholehearted effort every week but his ongoing injuries are a real concern. Les Johns who played for the Bulldogs formerly the Berries played 104 first grade games in 9 years in the 60s and 70s. He was a brilliant fullback who also played for NSW and Australia. However the story at the time was that he wouldn't play unless 100% fit and at times dropped out late before games hence the nickname "dandruff".
Les Johns was my favourite player when I played in the juniors for Chester Hill Hornets.

After moving to South Penrith and becoming a Panther tragic my early favourites were all the fullbacks we had during the early 1970‘s and beyond. We’ve had some pretty good fullbacks over the last 50 years. For me Rhys Wesser was our best, on his day he was something very special.

Hypothetically, prime Rhys Wesser in our current team one can only imagine how much more dangerous we would be.

WestyLife

First Grade
Les Johns was my favourite player when I played in the juniors for Chester Hill Hornets.

After moving to South Penrith and becoming a Panther tragic my early favourites were all the fullbacks we had during the early 1970‘s and beyond. We’ve had some pretty good fullbacks over the last 50 years. For me Rhys Wesser was our best, on his day he was something very special.

Hypothetically, prime Rhys Wesser in our current team one can only imagine how much more dangerous we would be.

We simply wouldn't lose.

Kilkenny

Coach
We simply wouldn't lose.
He was a special talent. 113 tries across 170 appearances was a damn fine return in those days, when the game was a much different beast to it is today. Under the current rules and way the game is played you’d have to think his try scoring potential would increase significantly. Great player.

To this day I think we could have gone back to back in 2004 had Rhys not been sin binned in that first set of the second half against the Dogs In the PF. As I recall they put 12 on us while he was in the bin and we never recovered after leading at HT.

WestyLife

First Grade
He was a special talent. 113 tries across 170 appearances was a damn fine return in those days, when the game was a much different beast to it is today. Under the current rules and way the game is played you’d have to think his try scoring potential would increase significantly. Great player.

Yeah prime Wesser was a special thing. Very fast and as good at support play as Edwards.