What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

John Hamblin

Juniors
DallyM voting after round 19 Nathan 24 Turbo 23 Cody Walker 17. Nahan didn,t play in rounds 20 and 21. It looks like Turbo will win from Nathan.

Kilkenny

Coach
He'll do his thing, Luai is the question for me. Needs to have 15+ runs on Saturday. Get involved son
We need whatever 17 who run out to perform at there absolute best.

I just fear we are so busted, with so many players either out or playing with injuries which require off season surgeries it just may be too tough an ask.

Where there’s life there’s hope but it really is a tough assignment given where we are at.

roofromoz

First Grade
My kids love Miitopia on Nintendo, where you can make your own characters.

One of them wants to make one based on my favourite player. Can't wait to see what Isaah Yeo looks like.

Pomoz

Bench
A couple of points on the Dally M's.
- Congratulations to Tom Trbojevic in winning the Dally M. Well deserved and he seems like a humble bloke and a great team player. Some brilliant, jaw dropping performances. He is the sort of player that gets kids to fall in love with league and become players themselves. Well played sir.

- Nathan Cleary has run second two years running. Much as I love him, you can't say he has the white hot brilliance of Turbo, Paps or Latrell. But, nobody in the media has commented how good a payer he is to run second for two years straight. Furthermore, this year he has missed a number of games and is playing busted with an injury that most players can't deal with. He has shown he is one of the best players in the world. Well done Nathan.

- Again, no comments from the media, after all, we are not the peoples club Souths. We are just a bunch of westy commoners who wear ugg boots and sometimes we are arrogant because we don't know our place and have the audacity to smile and celebrate tries. But six players in the team of the year is a massive achievement and shows how far the club has come in teams of being a development team. Five of the six are straightforward juniors developed from the get go. Kikau debuted with the Panthers and he was groomed and trained for first grade at the Panthers. What an almighty effort by the club and the players.

Just remember this. Ten years ago in September 2011, in the last game of the season against St George, the Panthers backline had one junior in it, Lachlan Coote at fullback. One out of seven players. The entire team had six juniors out of 17 players that played that day. Only four juniors started the game.

Against the Storm, 12 of the 17 players were developed by the club. The turnaround has been incredible and it is so good that the people of Western Sydney now have a team they can call their own in every sense of the word.

age.s

First Grade
Dally M is a bit like "Wheels Car of the Year", remember the Camira?
My first car! Baby shit green with a loose speaker in the glove compartment. Felt like it would come apart at the seams at 100 kms, but got me and the boys everywhere we needed to go and only complained regularly. I'll never forget the old love wagon.

The_Frog

First Grade
My first car! Baby shit green with a loose speaker in the glove compartment. Felt like it would come apart at the seams at 100 kms, but got me and the boys everywhere we needed to go and only complained regularly. I'll never forget the old love wagon.
Just Holden together is what they used to say. Never had a Camira but had enough of them from EK to HR to know exactly what you're talking about. Apparently the company's budget did not extend to spring washers.

Latest posts