What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

murraymob

First Grade
It appears a video will surface that show how the trophy got Brocken.a lady has come in for a photo with the boys stubbles and caused the table the trophy was on to collapse breaking the trophy.will we get a apology for Kent of course not

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It appears a video will surface that show how the trophy got Brocken.a lady has come in for a photo with the boys stubbles and caused the table the trophy was on to collapse breaking the trophy.will we get a apology for Kent of course not

All the whoo haa over basically nothing. Postcode discrimination alive and well at NRL headquarters.

forby

Juniors
Kilkenny, it was the fight from Zaire - Ali v Foreman. The fight didn’t start until after midnight in Zaire.
When did you go to KHS. I was there from 71-76!

Kilkenny

Coach
Kilkenny, it was the fight from Zaire - Ali v Foreman. The fight didn’t start until after midnight in Zaire.
When did you go to KHS. I was there from 71-76!
73-78.

I can vividly remember being huddled around the small transistor radios from back in the day but just can’t remember which fight it was. I know I listened to both, was a massive Ali fan as a youngster, but can’t quite nail which one it was. Someone else suggested it was the Thriller in Manila but I thought originally it was the Zaire fight. Either way they were both epic fights in the history of heavyweight boxing.

How things have changed, from the little transistor radios back in the seventies to now. Who would have ever imagined the technology changes and the world we now find ourselves in. The younger, current generation have no idea, when I talk to my kids about the 70’s they think I’m bullshitting just can’t comprehend it.

BxTom

Bench
73-78.

I can vividly remember being huddled around the small transistor radios from back in the day but just can’t remember which fight it was. I know I listened to both, was a massive Ali fan as a youngster, but can’t quite nail which one it was. Someone else suggested it was the Thriller in Manila but I thought originally it was the Zaire fight. Either way they were both epic fights in the history of heavyweight boxing.

How things have changed, from the little transistor radios back in the seventies to now. Who would have ever imagined the technology changes and the world we now find ourselves in. The younger, current generation have no idea, when I talk to my kids about the 70’s they think I’m bullshitting just can’t comprehend it.
I remember watching the Norton fight in about '76 when I was in High School. General consensus was that Norton won, given to Ali as he was the champ.

forby

Juniors
Foreman fight was in 74.
Kilkenny, you’d remember Wayne Sheens who went to KHS and played for Penrith. I remember him giving it to Les Boyd one day at Penrith.

The_Frog

First Grade

Last edited:

Hairy Hamburger

Juniors
So with all the fines handed out to the Panthers players, may can I ask is the fine issued to George Burgess whom plead guilty to malicious damage in a road rage type incident.
Come on NRL you gotta be seen to be fair here or do they have an agenda against the PREMIERS.
How much hey ???????

So with all the fines handed out to the Panthers players, may can I ask is the fine issued to George Burgess whom plead guilty to malicious damage in a road rage type incident.
Come on NRL you gotta be seen to be fair here or do they have an agenda against the PREMIERS.
How much hey ???????
He wasn't an NRL player at the time, (I stand to be corrected) back from ESL.

Good to see the NRL and Panther Board finally doing something.

May stood down, it’s a bit late though, much of the damage has already been done by your mindless management holding out staring at its shoelaces.

8DE82D44-4888-4718-B986-0351967A07FA.jpeg
source: news Ltd.

Given his attitude, I think it’s time May moved on from the game.

Its all too late for apologies, he’s finished.

And those of you who stood up for club chumships over decency, I hope you’ve learned something and grow from it.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Good to see the NRL and Panther Board finally doing something.

May stood down, it’s a bit late though, much of the damage has already been done by your mindless management holding out staring at its shoelaces.

View attachment 55296
source: news Ltd.

Given his attitude, I think it’s time May moved on from the game.

Its all too late for apologies, he’s finished.

And those of you who stood up for club chumships over decency, I hope you’ve learned something and grow from it.
Means that Smug-lite will pick him up Cheap-Cheep

The problem is his apparent lack of public remorse and seemingly sense of contempt.

Ivan and Nate are bound to the club contractually, they will abide. No issue there.

If it’s determined they want to keep him, then he probably needs one of those apologetic press conferences for a start. I will have to think of further remediation. It’s hard though because he didn’t learn much last time.

As discussed in another thread, he let down the prowlers. That’s not good.

All things considered, if he’s axed, he will not be part of the footy life with his close friends the Clearys. Thats going to be very difficult. He will be left out of things.

It’s a very positive thing that the club has stood up. I would have hoped it had acted earlier and not had to wait for the external pressure. It’s learnt it’s lesson.

MugaB

Coach
The problem is his apparent lack of public remorse and seemingly sense of contempt.

Ivan and Nate are bound to the club contractually, they will abide. No issue there.

If it’s determined they want to keep him, then he probably needs one of those apologetic press conferences for a start. I will have to think of further remediation. It’s hard though because he didn’t learn much last time.

As discussed in another thread, he let down the prowlers. That’s not good.

All things considered, if he’s axed, he will not be part of the footy life with his close friends the Clearys. Thats going to be very difficult. He will be left out of things.

It’s a very positive thing that the club has stood up. I would have hoped it had acted earlier and not had to wait for the external pressure. It’s learnt it’s lesson.
True, but it also goes to show not to flaunt yourself needlessly on social media, i get that they are all happy after winning the GF, but to use it as a platform to show off or worse try to vindicate your past behaviours, shows bad taste

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
True, but it also goes to show not to flaunt yourself needlessly on social media, i get that they are all happy after winning the GF, but to use it as a platform to show off or worse try to vindicate your past behaviours, shows bad taste

Why not flaunt yourself on social media. I mean everybody else does it. Why is it so dreadfully wrong. These young blokes just won the trophy. Many of them hail from the wrong side of the tracks.

Showing off isn't bad taste unless your from Penrith area, according to the NRL.

Silverdale yet again comming in like a whinging toddler, yet again. You could almost set your clock by his inate ramblings.

Has more lives than a cat......

Heads up the vigilantee group. Poles avast and lite ready to go. Just find me a posse.

Latest posts