What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Silverdale you're insults, name calling and abuse seems to know no end does it.

You have no idea whether he shows remorse or not. No idea at all.

You're pronouncements about what May will or won't do, is in the relms of fantasy.

You have little or no idea what May does outside football.

I do know that May along with many team-mates volunteer for a group from the Mount Druitt area.

Here they help train, play, hang out and generally support young teenagers and children doing it tough.

Do you volunteer with such a group, give your time, your energy and your support ?

Or do you just sit around on a footywebsite flinging abuse and bile towards the bloke.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Thoughts on Critter playing origin next year? If that deadshit Latrell does Latrell things around that time I think he'll get a shot, assuming he's playing centre for us

Fangs

Coach
Thoughts on Critter playing origin next year? If that deadshit Latrell does Latrell things around that time I think he'll get a shot, assuming he's playing centre for us

A good chance and versatile.

Lomax had a good year however he is a centre only. Probably the better kicker of the two.

Iamback

Coach

Very hard to leave out Tom Turbo and Latrell but if either was to fall over. Crichton is the best centre. The fact he plays both sides, wing and Fullback is huge.

He is the only centre we have. No chance he isn't centre

The_Frog

First Grade
Normally I do not give a toss about religious views, however, I know of people, who were, and I stated were homosexuals, who are now deceased, through suicide.
Yes DD. I've seen this argument a million times. But you can hardly blame parents not wishing this fate upon their children. And thus they are labelled homophobic, a truly horrible invented word. So its like a dog chasing its tail, really.

Smug Panther

First Grade
See I have a bit of a problem with this. If I'm to post soomething derogatory about women, gays, or blacks, I will be castigated and my post will be deleted. And rightly so too. But you are able to post in derogatory language about a religious person, and displaying some hatred of your own as well. You do realise this is why the Government is passing laws in this regard. And I'm not especially religious but I do have sympathy for those who are in our society.
Religion is cancer on the human race.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Religion is cancer on the human race.

So Smug tell me more:

If that were the case these groups wouldn't exist:

The Flying Doctor.....(Rev John Flynn)

Life Line (Rev Ted Noffs)

Samarations (Anglican church)

St Vinnies (Catholic church)

The Red Cross

The Salvation Army.

World Vision.

and the list goes on.

Think of a world without them, before using such a broad stroke of generalisation.

mxlegend99

Referee
Before Origin this year his form had been average at best. Or else I think he would have been a genuine chance in 2021.

If he kicks off in 2022 where he left off in 2021 he's definitely going to be in the equation. He had some terrific moments in big games despite playing out of position. Can throw him anywhere in the backline and he will do the job defensively at the very least. So there's very little risk... With very big potential for him to be an Origin star for years to come.

His best chance might be right wing though. I can see JAC struggling to score as many tries for Bulldogs and looking like his form is poor as a result of being in a poor team.

Cant see Mitchell or Turbo having any issue outside of suspension or injury. Actually if Teddy gets injured Turbo goes to fullback aswell so that opens up right centre for critter. But if everyone is available. Fox is the one I would think has the biggest hurdle to keeping his spot.

The_Frog

First Grade
So Smug tell me more:

The Red Cross

The Salvation Army.

World Vision.

and the list goes on.

Think of a world without them, before using such a broad stroke of generalisation.
Smug is entitled to his view, as is Israel Folou.

Smug Panther

First Grade
So Smug tell me more:

The Red Cross

The Salvation Army.

World Vision.

and the list goes on.

I'd give up all those to take away the child rape. How the Catholic church is allowed to operate is disgusting. A full organisation set up to f**k kids

soc123_au

Staff member
So Smug tell me more:

The Red Cross

The Salvation Army.

World Vision.

and the list goes on.

The Crusades

ISIS

The Taliban

Al Qaeda

Boko Haram

The Vatican

I could go on, but you get the drift.

Organised Religion is all about power and control, pure and simple. I agree that there are good things like the ones you mentioned to come out of it. Most of those would have been started by good people who could have just as easily started them without the religious tie ins. The ones I mentioned not so much.

I've travelled to a few third world countries that are predominantly Catholic. People that don't know where their next meal is coming from or where they will sleep that night are encouraged to give the few coins they have to the Church for salvation. Then you see inside the Churches, no poverty in there I can assure you. It's disgusting.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Smug, You're entitled to your viewpoint.

You're right about being some 'bad apples' within religious groups.

I've been involved with religious groups most of my life, and found them to be caring, kind and have the best interests of children and families.

I'm also very aware this hasn't been everyone's experience of the church and religious organisations.

In saying all of this it's a bit like this regarding religion and the church.....

Latest posts