What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Not in front of taylan may... he had it first, and was one of our top try scorers...you remember when we scored freakishly good and OFTEN tries... that was taylan... YES!!!... now all we seem to do is bomb tries and make it harder for ourselves
Disagree.

On what basis, that i stated facts, and you didn't even bother, or are you just going off the effort turuva displays, versus us winning comfortably when taylan nails every opportunity he gets, when turuva consistently bombs it
I see that you're in one of your moods. He is injured, and under done. Simple

MugaB

Coach
I see that you're in one of your moods. He is injured, and under done. Simple
I F A N D W H E N TAYLAN RETURNS THIS SEASON, turuva will get dropped for him, yes or no?
I'm in a mood coz you say outlandish things, and put me there in that mood....

Dont get me wrong i love turuva, he is a safe consistent winger, and does some freaky things, but a better all rounding winger than taylan may, he is not... id probably see him in centre next season for critta, keeping that combo of Tago/May on the left, hell we could even start To'o into the centres soon, he is getting big enough and mobile enough to try it there

Last edited:

Panfa

Juniors
I can see may playing centre next season and mclean battling turuva for that wing spot.Problem with turuva and t'oo is they are both very short, we need 1 decent size winger.

I F A N D W H E N TAYLAN RETURNS THIS SEASON, turuva will get dropped for him, yes or no?
I'm in a mood coz you say outlandish things, and put me there in that mood....

Dont get me wrong i love turuva, he is a safe consistent winger, and does some freaky things, but a better all rounding winger than taylan may, he is not... id probably see him in centre next season for critta, keeping that combo of Tago/May on the left, hell we could even start To'o into the centres soon, he is getting big enough and mobile enough to try it there
Don't blame me for your anger issues.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Normally don’t watch non match programs but occasionally turn to Overthe Black Dot on NITV Tuesday Night. Dean Widders the host is equal or better than anybody doing a similar role on other channels.

Pjf04b

Juniors
Apparently Buzz Rothfield is reporting that Penrith Stadium will be redeveloped on the existing site in 2025-26 and Penrith will play out of Commbank for 18 months. Can anyone post his article?

Bob

Juniors
Hidden behind a pay wall

Panthers’ claws out for embattled Paul Kent​

Danny Weidler

By Danny Weidler

May 21, 2023 — 5.30am

Penrith have turned up the heat on Paul Kent and Fox Sports in a week when the rest of the game’s powerbrokers are trying to distance themselves from him and his court case.

Kent pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to one charge of intentionally choking a person without consent. Kent will contest allegations he assaulted his 33-year-old ex-girlfriend a day after they broke up. Police were called to Kent’s Lilyfield residence about 10.30am on May 12 following reports of a domestic dispute.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/javascript:void(0);

NRL journalist pleads not guilty to domestic assault charges

0:24

NRL journalist pleads not guilty to domestic assault charges​

Haney loses it at weigh-in

NRL commentator Paul Kent has pleaded not guilty to domestic assault charges after an alleged dispute with a woman.
The Panthers are still ropeable about Kent questioning the club’s culture, saying he needed to “pull his head in”, while the NRL says the comments Kent made outside Downing Centre court about domestic violence were a matter for Fox Sports. That is despite him linking the “soap opera” that is the NRL to the charges he is facing.
“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls,” Kent said outside court. “It’s my day to be a storyline right now, that’s fine – people are entitled to their opinions. We will get to the end of it, everything will be OK.”

You would think the NRL – an organisation that prides itself on taking a strong stance in this area, and one that does a great job at spreading an anti-domestic violence message – would have jumped on comments that were poorly considered at best.
I asked Foxtel boss Patrick Delany for a response to Kent’s comments, but did not receive a reply. Nor was there any response to Kent’s statement he has the support of his employers, nor to questions about the culture at Fox Sports.
Paul Kent was emotional as he spoke to reporters outside court on Wednesday.

Paul Kent was emotional as he spoke to reporters outside court on Wednesday.Credit: Kate Geraghty
Penrith officials told this column recently they were angry about the way they were being treated on NRL 360 on Fox Sports.
“We are really disappointed that we’ve had no action or no genuine response from the NRL or NewsCorp after what we felt were derogatory and inappropriate comments made by Paul Kent on NRL 360,” Panthers group chief executive Brian Fletcher said.

“He made entirely untrue claims about our club’s culture and, worst of all, he said that our club was not a good place to send young men. Developing young men as sportsmen and as people, and giving them an opportunity to make something of their lives and make something for their families is what we are all about.
“I don’t get anything out of defending the club I love, but I can’t sit on my hands. Someone really needed to stand up for our club, and our board stand together on this.
“Kent needed to pull his head in or someone needed to do it for him. I’ve got nothing to say about the matter before the courts, but I won’t be quiet about the lack of respect shown to our players, our club and all those who support us. The silence has been deafening from those who we made our complaints to.”

Panthers’ claws out for embattled Paul Kent​

Danny Weidler

By Danny Weidler

May 21, 2023 — 5.30am

Penrith have turned up the heat on Paul Kent and Fox Sports in a week when the rest of the game’s powerbrokers are trying to distance themselves from him and his court case.

Kent pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to one charge of intentionally choking a person without consent. Kent will contest allegations he assaulted his 33-year-old ex-girlfriend a day after they broke up. Police were called to Kent’s Lilyfield residence about 10.30am on May 12 following reports of a domestic dispute.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/javascript:void(0);

0:24

Haney loses it at weigh-in

NRL commentator Paul Kent has pleaded not guilty to domestic assault charges after an alleged dispute with a woman.
The Panthers are still ropeable about Kent questioning the club’s culture, saying he needed to “pull his head in”, while the NRL says the comments Kent made outside Downing Centre court about domestic violence were a matter for Fox Sports. That is despite him linking the “soap opera” that is the NRL to the charges he is facing.
“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls,” Kent said outside court. “It’s my day to be a storyline right now, that’s fine – people are entitled to their opinions. We will get to the end of it, everything will be OK.”

You would think the NRL – an organisation that prides itself on taking a strong stance in this area, and one that does a great job at spreading an anti-domestic violence message – would have jumped on comments that were poorly considered at best.
I asked Foxtel boss Patrick Delany for a response to Kent’s comments, but did not receive a reply. Nor was there any response to Kent’s statement he has the support of his employers, nor to questions about the culture at Fox Sports.
Paul Kent was emotional as he spoke to reporters outside court on Wednesday.

Paul Kent was emotional as he spoke to reporters outside court on Wednesday.Credit: Kate Geraghty
Penrith officials told this column recently they were angry about the way they were being treated on NRL 360 on Fox Sports.
“We are really disappointed that we’ve had no action or no genuine response from the NRL or NewsCorp after what we felt were derogatory and inappropriate comments made by Paul Kent on NRL 360,” Panthers group chief executive Brian Fletcher said.

“He made entirely untrue claims about our club’s culture and, worst of all, he said that our club was not a good place to send young men. Developing young men as sportsmen and as people, and giving them an opportunity to make something of their lives and make something for their families is what we are all about.
“I don’t get anything out of defending the club I love, but I can’t sit on my hands. Someone really needed to stand up for our club, and our board stand together on this.
“Kent needed to pull his head in or someone needed to do it for him. I’ve got nothing to say about the matter before the courts, but I won’t be quiet about the lack of respect shown to our players, our club and all those who support us. The silence has been deafening from those who we made our complaints to.”
Thanks, and I agree with the hierarchy.

Exsilium

First Grade
Just thinking about our ongoing success 3 GF 2 premierships on top again after a rocky start. I DONT think some on here give IC enough credit!

I think its more a reflection of how well the club itself is run. This makes the individual roles easier to do. Unlike other clubs where everything falls on the coach, I think we've moved into the space of being an effective business from top to bottom.

Not taking anything away from IC, he's done an immense job but everyone is doing theirs also. That's where I feel the difference is.

I think its more a reflection of how well the club itself is run. This makes the individual roles easier to do. Unlike other clubs where everything falls on the coach, I think we've moved into the space of being an effective business from top to bottom.

Not taking anything away from IC, he's done an immense job but everyone is doing theirs also. That's where I feel the difference is.
I agree.

As a leader, having a great team around you which you empower should be viewed as a strength, but is often perceived as a weakness.

Ivan owns the overall results, and they have been great.