What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

The less stellar players adopt a different strategy to the high profile players. They seek longevity instead and preferably at a club with solid foundations and a good track record of people managing. Still requires sacrifice (ego just as much as monetary) from the the player as you mentioned but rewards are there.

Yes, that sounds right to me. Also up to the player to buy into everything, take the opportunities to learn and develop.

Latrell somehow got it into his head he was being wronged, complained to confidantes and then they told him what they thought he wanted to hear. And he lapped it up and it was latrell fest circle jerk time. Clubs and peoples feelings were discarded.

Next thing he’s being rude and ungrateful to the roosters about long break you gave him which would have cost you guys a fortune because each game is very expensive to compete in.

It’s probably important to his development as a person to play with poorer teams and struggle a bit.

Greg Inglis had massive issues over many years, terrible demons, but managed to exit the game with a fair degree of integrity and respect.

I have no idea how this will end but it would not surprise me at all if he walks away from the game completely.

No one is bigger than the game.

We can only hope he walks away because it seems he has nothing to offer.

Hes only teaching youngsters lessons about selfishness and abrogating responsibility. That it is ok to be ungrateful and self absorbed.

I reckon he will end up in self-loathing public victim hood at the titans.

Blame everyone but himself and that there has been a campaign against him.

it’s a good example of why the nrl needs to do more with the education of youngsters to protect them from themselves.

His management should be ashamed of themselves. They aren’t acting in his best interests. He should sue them.

I reckon he will end up in self-loathing public victim hood at the titans.

Blame everyone but himself and that there has been a campaign against him.

it’s a good example of why the nrl needs to do more with the education of youngsters to protect them from themselves.

His management should be ashamed of themselves. They aren’t acting in his best interests. He should sue them.

With Anthony Mundine as one of his advisers that is a given. Mundine is one of the most self centred sporting people I have seen in a long time. He does do some great stuff behind the scenes for charity and the like, but his public utterances are all self centered.

With Anthony Mundine as one of his advisers that is a given. Mundine is one of the most self centred sporting people I have seen in a long time. He does do some great stuff behind the scenes for charity and the like, but his public utterances are all self centered.

There’s a lot of celebrities like that.

lm is looking at the titans now for 550 a season, that’s about at least 700 less than the tigers offer ( with third parties).

So it’s cost him $100k a day for his advice and he’s lost the love of the league.

Most tigers fans want nothing to do with him now.

Lambretta

First Grade
Apparently Latrell is making "its because everyone is racist" claims about why his contract discussions are going wrong and being highlighted by the media

Oh dear. Latrell, the Roosters loved you, the fans loved you, you had all our support and you threw it in our faces.

You have insulted the Bulldogs, the Tigers and the Cowboys for good measure. These are clubs with long standing histories of helping people from different backgrounds and different walks of life

We wish you the best. We want you to be settled and playing well.

The fact people feel injured by your insults has nothing to do with race and everything to do with you not behaving appropriately

Please Latrell, do the right thing and get better advice

Valheru

Coach
Apparently Latrell is making "its because everyone is racist" claims about why his contract discussions are going wrong and being highlighted by the media

Oh dear. Latrell, the Roosters loved you, the fans loved you, you had all our support and you threw it in our faces.

You have insulted the Bulldogs, the Tigers and the Cowboys for good measure. These are clubs with long standing histories of helping people from different backgrounds and different walks of life

We wish you the best. We want you to be settled and playing well.

The fact people feel injured by your insults has nothing to do with race and everything to do with you not behaving appropriately

Please Latrell, do the right thing and get better advice

That screams of Anthony Mundine.

I genuinely hope Latrell ditches these idiots before it is too late.

I haven’t heard those claims.

It would be dissapointing and completely wrong if true.

We have a chairman v coach and ceo situation at the moment. Fans maybe 25 for/ 25 against and the balance undecided.

I get shot at on the wt forum when I question his sincerity. He’s a divisive figure.

He’s too cool for school I am afraid.

You have good club admin and leadership and we should back your judgment of him. It’s not rocket science.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Just get him off our books. It’s obvious he won’t be playing for the Roosters again. He hasn’t just burnt bridges he’s blown them all to hell.

I have no problem if the club digs their heels in and doesn’t pay him out if no suitors are forthcoming, much like what Bennett did with Justin Hodges. He can pick up glasses at Easts Leaguies for all I care.

He wants back in lol.

A bit late for that.

He will just throw another self entitled fit.

The world owes him a living because he can run fast.

Um.... no.

W

Well apparently Tetavano has been spotted at roosters preseason training so that's a another twist in the story. My bet is we have signed him, and will be announcing it after Latrell fiasco is resolved
Unfortunately, that didn't work out as well as we would have thought. You cannot keep them all, and we had to prioritise I suppose. Anyway, I have complete faith in what our great club is doing.

Siosiua Taukeiaho signs a 2 year contract extension with the Sydney Roosters.

Source; https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2019/11/29/taukeiaho-extends-with-roosters/

Very happy with this news! We are prioritising our re-signings very well, as per usual. The club is bigger than any one player and Latrell should be mindful of that going forward. I guess one of the next challenges will be around what we do in relation to Friend versus Verrills.

I am quite sick and tired of this whole Latrell sordid affair. I saw his interview last night, and think it almost created more questions than it answered. If he was so upset with the club about declining his contract extension, why is he only coming out now? It wouldn't have anything to do with the Burgess decision being made, would it? I still cannot help but think that he wants to go to, and will sign with, Souths very soon. Perhaps the only aspect to be determined is whether it will be in 2020 or 2021. I would be happy to keep him, as long as the club is confident that he would not be a toxic influence on the team as part of our quest for a three peat.

I am quite sick and tired of this whole Latrell sordid affair. I saw his interview last night, and think it almost created more questions than it answered. If he was so upset with the club about declining his contract extension, why is he only coming out now? It wouldn't have anything to do with the Burgess decision being made, would it? I still cannot help but think that he wants to go to, and will sign with, Souths very soon. Perhaps the only aspect to be determined is whether it will be in 2020 or 2021. I would be happy to keep him, as long as the club is confident that he would not be a toxic influence on the team as part of our quest for a three peat.

Latrell....the seducer of clubs, divisive and infector of minds.

I hope he stays with you and ends up at North’s for the season as promised.

He can shove his multi-million dollar contract extension.

Nick and Robbo have spoken.

He only comes back to you if he is on his knees.

Last edited:
It is now looking like he might be going to Souths. I know that this might sound spiteful, but I hope we don't release him prematurely. That would be too dire to contemplate. Fingers crossed some common sense can prevail, but I am not overly optimistic, as I half suspected that he would head over there in the end.

D day is that nick calls him in for meeting, nick is out getting drunk with Kia people. Leaves a note.

Note left to lm:

“ Bears return on 6 January for 10 laps of jogging around eastern creek. Pick up your new gear on the way out today. The car park bloke has the stuff in his ute under the guttering”

“ tell your manager to expect to be sued”

“Merry Xmas -uncle nick”

Last edited:
Well, in other news (for a change), the newly built SFS is going to cost an additional $99 million, taking the total cost for the work (to be done by John Holland) to a whopping $828 million. It is expected to be ready for the 2022 NRL grand final. It will be interesting to see if that deadline is met.

Latest posts