What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

I will be sorry to see him go, but we cannot keep them all. He and his family deserve a good pay day. Isaac was a decent, honest, hard working player for our team and, for that, I wish him well for the future. All the best.

Yes, this is very disappointing. It simply typifies our season thus far. No team would be able to manage to mount a challenge after what we have been through. Our injuries and disruptions have been quite incredible.

There are really only two true premiership heavyweights - the Storm and the Panthers. Everyone else, at this point at least, are making up the numbers to be quite honest.

At least the kid can concentrate on his schooling now and then focus on coming back bigger, stronger and better than ever next season.

Five of the best triumphs over the Knights:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2021/07/22/five-of-the-best-triumphs-over-the-knights/

Roosters vs. Knights 2000 Preliminary Final:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/20...s-roosters-vs-knights-preliminary-final-2000/

I will never ever forget this game and the unbelievable atmosphere in the grandstand where the majority of the Roosters fans were concentrated!

Roosters vs. Knights 2013 Preliminary Final:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/20...s-roosters-vs-knights-preliminary-final-2013/

Let's just hope that he does not become too injury prone, as he is a solid player and an even better bloke. Fingers crossed that this latest setback is not too significant.

From: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-b...aukeiaho/46b885f6-6672-4776-8250-43b9a25fd8ee

ROOSTERS READY TO PART WITH PROP

Sio Siua Taukeiaho has been a great servant to the Roosters for eight seasons but like an old Holden ute, he has a lot of miles under the hood and is starting to slow down.

And it's for that reason that the Roosters are likely to allow the 29-year-old middle forward to finish his career with a long-term deal in Super League from next season.

The numbers show that Father Time and injuries have caught up with Taukeiaho this year.

He is averaging 116 running metres per game, exactly 30 less than last season, hasn't made a line break and already conceded 10 penalties compared to just two in the whole of last season.

The Roosters have some good young forwards coming through so are happy to let Taukeiaho pick up one final big payday.

Vic Mackey

Referee
An guy on the tigers forum who’s proven to have good mail has said we’re deep in talks with Egan Butcher for next year. Looking to have him as the starting 13.

Whats your thoughts on him? I’ve only really paid attention To him the last couple of weeks. Smaller then his bro but seems to have a bit of a go about him and a decent pass. Like a budget Radley.

Valheru

Coach
An guy on the tigers forum who’s proven to have good mail has said we’re deep in talks with Egan Butcher for next year. Looking to have him as the starting 13.

Whats your thoughts on him? I’ve only really paid attention To him the last couple of weeks. Smaller then his bro but seems to have a bit of a go about him and a decent pass. Like a budget Radley.

Egan is the bigger of the brothers?

Anyways, I would be genuinely upset if we lost him as he and Fletcher Baker have both shown enormous potential off the bench this season and improved week in week out.

TBH I would be surprised if we do lose him as it looks like our 4 man middle forward rotation will be JWH, Collins, E Butcher and Baker going forward given both Liu and SST (rumoured) will be leaving at season's end with Rads obviously playing 80 minutes. Perhaps lock is the position he wants to play though?

Egan is the younger of the Butcher's. Nat is the eldest, and is also 3 cms shorter but 11 kg heavier than Egan according to the stats on the club's website.

(Corrected due to errors).

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Egan is the younger of the Butcher's. Nat is the eldest (by around 6 months), and is also 7 cms taller and 11 kgs heavier than Egan according to the stats on the club's website.

??

Egan is listed as 187cm

Nat is listed as 184cm

Their weights are around the same. They are also nearly 3 years apart in age.