What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Generation next is key to the Dragons' revival

Crush

Coach
Good article, I think this echoes the sentiments of most fans on this forum.
My concern is will Hook select the rookies from round 1?
He is fighting for a contract and he might go for experience over youth initially.
Mbye and Bird may end up in key positions keeping guys like Sloan, Sullivan, Amone out of top grade.
Time will tell!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
He is fighting for a contract and he might go for experience over youth initially.
Mbye and Bird may end up in key positions keeping guys like Sloan, Sullivan, Amone out of top grade.
Time will tell!
Hard to see Hook not using experience ahead of rookies in round 1. After all he stuck with Norman for as long as he could, and he bought a bunch of old but experienced forwards to the side in the off season. Still, let's give the man a chance and see how he manages the side.

Illusion

Bench
Time will tell!
This .....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting article, however, I don't get this fascination with our backs which has been discussed since the end of last season.
Like everyone else in the squad, reputation or hype mean little if they cant reproduce it on game day.
Will Sloan be fullback? Most probably but needs to be upgradef from his DS contract first.
Amone at 6? Again most probably
Ramsey or 1 of the Feagais for a wing spot? Again most probably.

Now for realities;
Bud is a 7, and needs game time, he's hardly played in the last 2 years. Playing him at 14 in 1st grade would not benefit him. He'll start the season in KOE Cup.
1 or both of the Feagais will start in KOE Cup.
Ramsey has to show his development in both skill and physique in the trials to be considered for a wing spot.
Underestimate Moga at your own peril. Fully fit he his an absolute weapon.
Overestimate Suli, again, at your own peril. He hasn't impressed at training.

So, why not look at our generation next in the forwards? No-one seems to interested in those youngsters.
Will Hook play them from round 1?

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Any news on O'Ofou and his vaccination status as I remember it being a point of contention? And how is Coric's development coming along? By all accounts he's a gun waiting to be unleashed but will that be this season or next considering the lack of reggies the past few years

Jim Dragons

Juniors
Yeah I'm starting to get really worried already that Suli is a dud
If he is we already have the Feagai's x 2; Junior Amone; Tautau Moga and Jack Bird waiting in the wings. I wouldn't mind seeing Rav-5 given a go at centre as well. If Suli tastes some reverse grade early it may not hurt him; as long as he is 'brought along'. We know that Desi had the same problems - he is lazy - but he is big and he knows it.

saints4ever

First Grade
I disagree.
Bird wasn't a failure on the centres but he wasn't a success.
Fegs X 2 are a prospect but neither have had enough to show whatnthey can really do.
I was hoping Suli would be the bollocking bastard we desperately need. But he looks disinterested and unhappy

Crush

Coach
Also I know it is trivial but Suli doing a live INSTAGRAM stream with him drinking and smoking is a red flag for me, shows that he's not very bright.

Dragon David

First Grade
George Dragon quoted as coaching staff unhappy with his attitude and fitness.
And then every video of training he looks miserable and uninterested
If he is sooking about, he is suffering from the "Saab syndrome" and Saab might have had a few words to him in his last days at Manly. If Hook cannot get Dufty motivated to do the right thing, then he could have problems with Suli.

"You do extras if you don't change your attitude Suli" and if no improvement, bring in Moga.

possm

Coach
1. Sloan
2. Moga
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. McCullough
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Mbye
15. Burgess
16. Lawrie
17. Bird

Reserve Grade
1. Stewart
2. Ramsey
3. Max Feagai
5. Matt Feagai
7. Sullivan
8. Alvaro
10. Kerr
11. Burns
12. Gosiewski
13. Fuimaono

14.. O'Ofou
15. J Hunt
16. Faamauslli
17. Ford
18. McGuire (suspended)

Crush

Coach
Yes you are right, it is trivial.
Did my comment trigger you Denis?
How are you feeling about the Suli signing? Are you confident our club will be the first and only to get the best out of him? Or will he be a waste of cap space like he has been at all previous clubs? Interested to hear your thoughts.

hewi

Bench
At the end of the day we all hope Suli performs. If not then if he’s unhappy he will probably get released and I guess Bird or Feagai goes into the centres

Latest posts