What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess facing 2 week ban for contrary conduct

no name

Coach
Yeah, I meant early guilty plea.

The point I was trying to make was that changing the 'value' of games could lead to thuggery that may not be punished as it should.

Rosetta

Juniors
Judiciary got this one right, throwing a projectile on to the field of play is just a really really bad look, that bottle hits an official and he's gone for months, 2 weeks fair enough.

insert.pause

First Grade
Mob mentality in force on Twitter with all the sooks claiming they're 'done with the NRL'.

How hard is it to comprehend, it's not that he threw a bottle, it's that he threw it from the bench at a player on the field!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Oh well. No big deal. "Tom Burgess" will start the game. "George Burgess" will be in the stands. We'll handle it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
as I have said .
It is a suspension everyday of the week.
You cannot throw shit at players from the bench.

It doesn't matter if he missed or what he threw ...it is just utter bad sportsmanship regardless of what is happening on the field.

These dopes like Peter Tunks are arguing the fact it was only a plastic bottle and that he missed the player he was aiming at.
Totally missing the point that the bloke has got involved from outside the field of play.

You cannot do that.

You see blokes who get involved in punch ups who run in from the bench get massive bans.
Burgess was very very lucky to cop 2 weeks at most.

You do know Gallen would have got off as he is a protected species:roll::roll::roll:

Rabbits20

Immortal
If they increased the points required to be suspended for a final to 150 (and 200 for a grand final), a lot of these minor incidents could still be charged without the usual "he's missing a final for THAT" type conversations we have every bloody year.

The NRL is too dumb and weak for this to happen.

The people in power love the inconsistency!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tell us again how the water bottle would have exploded like a water balloon

:lol::lol:

Oh well it's done now.

I wouldn't be shocked if Brisbane gets ripped off this week.

The inconsistency gets worse just in general every season!

Remember a Brisbane player can headbutt a Cowboy like Shillington and you can get off. Actually just don't target Thurston!

no name

Coach
Hooper: 'The MRC has been labelled a laughing stock over the Burgess incident'

You're the dope that labelled it a laughing stock you stupid merkin.

thorson1987

Coach
The NRL is too dumb and weak for this to happen.

The people in power love the inconsistency!

What has this got to do with inconsistency.

I'd say its pretty consistent .

Last time people did something from the bench the were suspended too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What has this got to do with inconsistency.

I'd say its pretty consistent .

Last time people did something from the bench the were suspended too.

I was posting in reply to yobbo84 if you can't read properly about how grade 1 should be 150pts to be suspended in finals etc........

In general there is so much inconsistency.

Stop being difficult!