What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News George Williams quits Raiders

betcats

Referee
Also you said there is only one board but the raiders website has McIntyre as chairman of Queanbeyan leagues board and CRDRL board as two different roles, that’s two boards plus the raiders themselves have a seperate board.

https://www.raiders.com.au/about/board-of-directors/

hahahaha
OMG
could you be any thicker

since when has the qybn leagues club been the Canberra Raiders ?

the Raiders @ mawson
the Raiders @ Gunghalin
the Raiders @ Belconnen

all have their own boards

they're not the Raiders
just some of their leagues clubs

there is ONE board running the entity
ONE
ONE Chairman
ONE CEO

got it dummy ?

betcats

Referee
hahahaha
OMG
could you be any thicker

since when has the qybn leagues club been the Canberra Raiders ?

the Raiders @ mawson
the Raiders @ Gunghalin
the Raiders @ Belconnen

all have their own boards

they're not the Raiders
just some of their leagues clubs

there is ONE board running the entity
ONE
ONE Chairman
ONE CEO

got it dummy ?

I am honestly embarrassed for you.

I am honestly embarrassed for you.
hahaha

thats the best you've got ?
anyway

you weren't close to being right about any of it as has been shown
your hatred of Don Furner jr is pathetic

Ive met Don
hes ok , take him or leave him I'm not fussed , but hes done a great job at the Raiders . This year has been very average for the flag ship of the group .., the brand .. the NRL team & he's under enormous pressure as are a few others too.

But your obsession with him is quite disturbing , quite disturbing indeed. You & that Magic Johns clown.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I can see you have a great handle on empathy and dealing with mental issues, fossil.
By the looks of it mate, you'd be better off arguing with a piece of bread...

This guy seems to be a) a dinosaur with little to no idea about mental health, or b) a troll who is feeding off the attention.

nick87

Coach
Rumour is he has gone to the Gold Coast so much for being home sick lol

I honestly dont know how anyone could say with a straight face there is no cause for skeptisicm here.
he says he's suffering mental health issues and needs to go home... but when presented with the opportunity to return home asap and relieve him and his family of this mental health issue, he is upset at the club and instead of organising his affairs and getting on his way home, he reportedly heads to the GC...
Perhaps his need to get home isnt actually as he's portrayed it be.

You dont need Sherlock Holmes to figure out what is going on here.
George wants to go home, the Raiders were denying a release until they had secured his replacement. Both of those positions are entirely reasonable. The Raiders should want to secure a replacement before granting a release, that's standard fare for clubs. George is entitled to take his changing family situation and decide he'd rather be home in England.

He wasnt happy, he wasnt getting what he wanted quickly enough, he was impatient, aggitated and upped the ante with his no training/no playing and the club said "fine, go now if its that bad" and he's went "WOAH! hold up. I'd like another 3-4 months of pay at 600k+ AUD before i break the terms of the contract"
The Raiders then follow suit and throw their toys out of the pram and create a PR disaster.

But make no mistake, this is now nothing more than a dispute about money. This is not a mental health matter.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
I honestly dont know how anyone could say with a straight face there is no cause for skeptisicm here.
he says he's suffering mental health issues and needs to go home... but when presented with the opportunity to return home asap and relieve him and his family of this mental health issue, he is upset at the club and instead of organising his affairs and getting on his way home, he reportedly heads to the GC...
Perhaps his need to get home isnt actually as he's portrayed it be.

You dont need Sherlock Holmes to figure out what is going on here.
George wants to go home, the Raiders were denying a release until they had secured his replacement. He wasnt happy, aggitated and upped the ante with his no training/no playing and the club said "fine, go now if its that bad" and he's went "WOAH! hold up. I'd like another 3-4 months of pay at 600k+ AUD before i break the terms of the contract"

This is now nothing more than a dispute about money.
yeah offcourse it’s about money...

nick87

Coach
It’s a good, fair result for both parties
The type of deal that should have been negotiated without the need for the tit for tat nonsense through media mouth pieces and social media

By the looks of it mate, you'd be better off arguing with a piece of bread...

This guy seems to be a) a dinosaur with little to no idea about mental health, or b) a troll who is feeding off the attention.
mental health issues & hes sitting on a beach on the goldie

hahahaha
i'd rather be a dinosaur then a gullible halfwit like you :)

Rumour is he has gone to the Gold Coast so much for being home sick lol

He’s on holiday you donut

He’s going back to the UK, because his missus wants to, like he’s always said. Canberra threw a toddler strop, like the inferiority-complex small provincial outfit they are, and treated him like sh** damaging their employer brand immediately. Lovely behaviour, and well done...!