What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News George Williams quits Raiders

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
No idea, haven't checked to see what the temp is
Just walked my kids to school, they're blowing "smoke" and putting their foot prints all over the grass.

Nothing better than a crisp winter morning, gets the juices flowing.
I’ve been in Canberra for 18months now and IMO Canberra’s climate is the best. No ghastly humidity, an actually crisp and fresh winter, and a mild but dry summer (19/20 being an anomaly). Comfort here is so easily achieved.

ACTPanthers

Bench
i don't need to hear about your problems & yea cheers , i will.
ce12f7e7450c70ae7d912dad202b16f1_w200.gif

but but but

I have mental health issues , im home sick

well not home sick enough to not park my fat pommy butt on a beach ..but yeah , real home sick

Has he signed for the Titans then? Struggling with your logic son, he’s said the family want to go home, he’s clearly going home

Unlike you I suspect, some of us have actually lived and worked around the globe, and having done that move amongst others I can promise you it takes more than a few weeks to relocate your life from Oz to Blighty... the 2 month notice period is probably about right. But then I bet you know that already, you’re just crying like a toddler because your club and coach embarrassed themselves with their incompetence yet again, self-destructing their season by treating the playing group like sh**... this squad’s shot now, 3-5 year rebuild on the way at best 😂😂😂😂

nick87

Coach
I’ve been in Canberra for 18months now and IMO Canberra’s climate is the best. No ghastly humidity, an actually crisp and fresh winter, and a mild but dry summer (19/20 being an anomaly). Comfort here is so easily achieved.

It's great, some people cant handle the winter, but honestly its not even that bad. Imagine someone from australia complaining about how cold Canberra is when city's around the world sit in the -10's? 😆

One of few places that give you all 4 genuine seasons. Summers are hot without being oppressive, winters are cold but nothing a good coat wont solve, spring is full of colour with all the native plants and trees around and autumn is parks and walk ways filled with beautiful orange leaves. The older i get the more i appreciate it. (Though spring can low key f**k off since i've got such terrible hey fever.)

It's great, some people cant handle the winter, but honestly its not even that bad. Imagine someone from australia complaining about how cold Canberra is when city's around the world sit in the -10's? 😆

One of few places that give you all 4 genuine seasons. Summers are hot without being oppressive, winters are cold but nothing a good coat wont solve, spring is full of colour with all the native plants and trees around and autumn is parks and walk ways filled with beautiful orange leaves. The older i get the more i appreciate it. (Though spring can low key f**k off since i've got such terrible hey fever.)

And a place you can get a great house on a decent sized block, as opposed to slaving away in a job you may/may not like to put a huge chunk of it into a 30-year mortgage on a shack by comparison.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Yeah I'm not a fan of the cold, and even after 16 years here I still long for the Darwin weather. Each to their own in the end. I've been trying to get the missus to move north for years but she can't handle the heat.

nick87

Coach
When i met my wife, her family were in Brisbane... we went up to visit at christmas time and as soon as i got off the plane i was screeching at in in laws to turn the air conditioner on... and Brisbane isn't a lick on Darwin!

hrundi99

First Grade
minor ?

hardly ,
while the monetary penalties may have been smallish , the players we were forced to shed as punishment had a big impact on our 1992 campaign.
the rep player payments etc played their part yes , but it wasn't until the super league war kicked off & the true reason the raiders rorting the cap was revealed. The Raiders were being attacked in the media & by the ARL for signing with the super league & I recall Les McIntyre sparking up stating if the establishment had agreed to protect clubs from being pillaged like the Raiders were going to be in 1991 then they may have stayed loyal. They were essentially told to bugger off my Arthurson & Quayle back then.

the Raiders stupidly rorted the cap.
But they had some justification at least.

It was 30 years ago , articles are hard to find

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Has he signed for the Titans then? Struggling with your logic son, he’s said the family want to go home, he’s clearly going home

Unlike you I suspect, some of us have actually lived and worked around the globe, and having done that move amongst others I can promise you it takes more than a few weeks to relocate your life from Oz to Blighty... the 2 month notice period is probably about right. But then I bet you know that already, you’re just crying like a toddler because your club and coach embarrassed themselves with their incompetence yet again, self-destructing their season by treating the playing group like sh**... this squad’s shot now, 3-5 year rebuild on the way at best 😂😂😂😂
haha

no
hes taking his sweet time going home , & what planet are you on

I have no issues with how our club handled lil george & his caper as I've stated numerous times.
Called out on his lies& got what he deserved

nick87

Coach
$100k and the release he wanted? Meanwhile club left looking like sook merkins, yeh great outcome for one of them.

Contracts toll in November if im not mistaken.
He wanted to be paid for this full year, so another 5 months of pay, which is probably around the 250-300k mark for money he was reportedly on.

The Raiders wanted to release him now, focus on other players and pay him $0,

They settled at 100k and he leaves now. I think most rational people would look at that and agree it was a good fair result for both sides. So yeah, it was a great deal for for the club. They move on immediately, put this mess behind them and save $150k.
It's also a great deal for George, he's got 100k, and he and his partner are free to return home as soon as they can get their affairs together.
Both sides got a little of what they wanted but made concessions

typicalfan

Coach

Probably conditions of his release. I doubt the Raiders would let him walk into the Titans.