What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get players to place the ball, and roll

_snafu_

Immortal
Fruit cake

Ingredients

• 1 kg dried mixed fruit
  • 2 cups pure fresh orange juice
  • 2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Method
  1. Place fruit into a large glass or ceramic mixing bowl. Pour over the orange juice and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap 
and place into the fridge 
to soak overnight.
  2. Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced). Line the base of a 20cm round cake pan with 2 layers of baking paper and spray sides with cooking spray. Remove fruit from fridge and add the flour and cinnamon, mixing until well combined. Spoon into pan and smooth the surface.
  3. Bake for 1 hr 30 min until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove and cool completely in the pan. Spread with apricot jam, top with toasted almonds and dust with icing sugar if desired.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Fruit cake

Ingredients

• 1 kg dried mixed fruit
  • 2 cups pure fresh orange juice
  • 2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Method
  1. Place fruit into a large glass or ceramic mixing bowl. Pour over the orange juice and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap 
and place into the fridge 
to soak overnight.
  2. Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced). Line the base of a 20cm round cake pan with 2 layers of baking paper and spray sides with cooking spray. Remove fruit from fridge and add the flour and cinnamon, mixing until well combined. Spoon into pan and smooth the surface.
  3. Bake for 1 hr 30 min until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove and cool completely in the pan. Spread with apricot jam, top with toasted almonds and dust with icing sugar if desired.

F*ck fruit cake is dogshit. Yuck.

Now....what were we talking about?

davi

Juniors
I remember Tom Burgess did a play the ball facing the stand on the side a couple of weeks ago. The crowd went berserk that a penalty wasn't called and Phil Gould threw a fit in the commentary box. The only way to fix it if refs penalise it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Watched English games at the weekend, they are even worse. Fortunate for us as we won off the back of a very dodgy play the ball! It's almost at union level of rolling back.

simmo05

Bench
I remember Tom Burgess did a play the ball facing the stand on the side a couple of weeks ago. The crowd went berserk that a penalty wasn't called and Phil Gould threw a fit in the commentary box. The only way to fix it if refs penalise it.

Haha i remember pissing ourselves laughing at that for ages at school. Big marty bella! Didnt he drop one cold that game too?

LineBall

Juniors
f**k that shit. If you think its a shitfest now reintroduce that.

Go watch some games when it was legal and tell me they ruck and play the ball was any worse than it is now. It was a skill and something that could be used to great effect during a match.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Go watch some games when it was legal and tell me they ruck and play the ball was any worse than it is now. It was a skill and something that could be used to great effect during a match.
I have watched games from the past. Despite what people want to remember they were diabolical at times with striking at the ball a major contributor.

LineBall

Juniors
I have watched games from the past. Despite what people want to remember they were diabolical at times with striking at the ball a major contributor.

I was addressing the ruck and play the ball and you avoided my question. Put up some examples of these diabolical games please.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I was addressing the ruck and play the ball and you avoided my question. Put up some examples of these diabolical games please.
First of all who the f**k are you and why do I have to answer your shit question? Your original post was talking about striking at the play the ball was it not? Striking at the play the ball offers nothing to the game except the chance for more mistakes, penalties and old farts to reminisce about how good the game used to be.
You want some examples? Live through the 80s and 90s. Rose coloured glasses will tell you it was all sweeping backline plays but the reality was a vast number of games were dropfests between semi pro footballers.

Now if that hasn't answered your question than I don't give a flying f**k.

LineBall

Juniors
First of all who the f**k are you and why do I have to answer your shit question? Your original post was talking about striking at the play the ball was it not? Striking at the play the ball offers nothing to the game except the chance for more mistakes, penalties and old farts to reminisce about how good the game used to be.
You want some examples? Live through the 80s and 90s. Rose coloured glasses will tell you it was all sweeping backline plays but the reality was a vast number of games were dropfests between semi pro footballers.

Now if that hasn't answered your question than I don't give a flying f**k.

Just as I thought. Ask for some evidence, get a load of rubbish and emotions.