What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get ya Tinfoil hat; Conspiracy Time.

Now what if.......

Most trace our fall back to Origin time.
Now say Vaughn, Frizell, JDB, Sims, get into Origin camp and are shown how a professional operation is run.
They get individual coaching from people who know things and wonder why these same things are not known down in Dragon territory.

Now I’m not saying Fitler is a master coach, but he had some very knowledgeable assistants, who all would have had their input into individuals and game plans.

Now I have it on good authority from “people in the know” or “anonymous sources” if you like, some of whom actually like Mary, that his biggest failing is he does not take advice, from anyone. It’s his team, his plans alone.
So say you get to Origin camp and find out that this is in fact not the way to run a successful football club?

What do you do?
You know he’s under contract for next year and you can’t see the team winning anything, in fact you are seeing the same old problems emerge.
You lose a game you should have won, you have a “truth session”.
You lose another game you should have won, you have another one.
You lose your next game, you go to Terrigal for a week to get on the piss.
No solutions, no new game plans.

It’s quite possible that if we lose to Newcastle Mary is out of a job.
To save his job, the players will have to step up and play well.

The result of that game will either kill off or confirm this theory.

Old Timer

Coach
The players have no other option but to support him
If you decide you want to speak out during your career, well it won’t be a career for very long.
Then of course you can be like that arsehole Ben Hannant with criticism well after retirement and you are probably rewarded to do so.

j0nesy

Bench
The players have no other option but to support him
If you decide you want to speak out during your career, well it won’t be a career for very long.
Then of course you can be like that arsehole Ben Hannant with criticism well after retirement and you are probably rewarded to do so.
BS they could remain silent

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I took their public defense of Mary as code for "he's the most useless coach I've ever played under". You have to read between the lines. You see everyone knows he's a dud coach, so by saying he's good, people will interpret it as sarcsam and know they really mean the opposite.

And yes I have my tinfoil hat on as I write. Always.

Old Timer

Coach
BS they could remain silent
All the questions are Dorothy Dixer’s and many arranged by the clubs media department
No better way for the club to avoid blame / criticism than to have their f**k ups endorsed by the playing group themselves.
I would suggest there are gags on them just like the censorship they enforce on members even to the point they have a say in what banners can be flown

possm

Coach
To the St George Illawarra Dragons players, I have some good advice for you and hope you can see your way to considering this seriously. Arrange a meeting with the new CEO ASAP and tell him what you truly think about Mary's coaching. It's now or never.

blacksafake

First Grade
Now what if.......

Now say Vaughn, Frizell, JDB, Sims, get into Origin camp and are shown how a professional operation is run.
They get individual coaching from people who know things and wonder why these same things are not known down in Dragon territory.

Now I’m not saying Fitler is a master coach, but he had some very knowledgeable assistants, who all would have had their input into individuals and game plans.

Now I have it on good authority from “people in the know” or “anonymous sources” if you like, some of whom actually like Mary, that his biggest failing is he does not take advice, from anyone. It’s his team, his plans alone.
So say you get to Origin camp and find out that this is in fact not the way to run a successful football club?

What do you do?
You know he’s under contract for next year and you can’t see the team winning anything, in fact you are seeing the same old problems emerge.

I like it :thumbsup:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Now what if.......

What do you do?

It’s easier to get selected for origin than it is to get a premiership ring.

You don’t deliberately throw away a chance at a title.

ViceVersa

Juniors
Now what if.......

What do you do?

41yearsaint

Juniors
Definate mutiny playing out. I cannot come up with any other theory on last weeks performance. Knights by 20.

Dragsters

First Grade
How about the theory that the players are just cruising til the finals come?

Don't want to get injured and all.

Same with the bunnies and roosters etc. hence their form.

Perhaps it's not a salacious enough theory for this forum to seriously consider?

Who knows...

How about the theory that the players are just cruising til the finals come?

Don't want to get injured and all.

Same with the bunnies and roosters etc. hence their form.

Perhaps it's not a salacious enough theory for this forum to seriously consider?

Who knows...
Cruising so we only get one shot at the finals instead of two?
That’s a two tinfoil hatter.