What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting to know you

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Whilesome of us are met before on other forums, there are others who have yet to pick up on who they're dealing with.
Without giving too much away, Ithought it be good to declare ourselves.
As a guideline, I have listed some questions.
Naturally, you can leave any question blank or add your own questions.

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ?
2.) Favourite other sport / teams ?
3.) Approximately, where do you live ?
4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ?
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ?
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ?
7.) Any comments about this forum ?

It's all in fun and designed so we can get to know each other just a little bit better...
emsmiled.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In keeping with local customs, I'll go first:

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ? St George Illawarra Dragons
2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? Cricket
3.) Approximately, where do you live ? Gold Coast, Australia
4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ? Scuba Diving, gym
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ? Computer stuff, building websites, BBQs, Beach, sleeping...
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ? Just about covered it.
7.) Any comments about this forum ? Excellent!!!

imported_bronco

Juniors
Fav Team: Brisbane Broncos. This year has been a nightmare but we will survive, i'm hoping for a top 4 finish and start a fresh in 2002.

Fav Other sport: Formula 1. Michael Schumacher is 1 win away from his 4th world title and i'll let everyone of you know about it when he secures it, Michael is a legend of formula one racing!

Location: Upper Hutt, Wellington. Upper Hutt is a pretty quiet place, great to grow up in but a town you always plan to leave when you get a career. I'm to be a Wellingtonian and a Kiwi.

Sporting activities/pastimes: Used to play cricket, a bit of soccer, now i'm a slob, PE is my sport now.

Non Sporting activity: There is a world outside of sport? Just kidding, i don't know, just love to be a lazy slob and listen to music.

Comments about myself: Well generally what you see is what you get when talking to me on this forum, i'm quite shy in everyday life and definetly a bit more open on this forum. I can get carried away a bit but thats just me and learn to live with my up and down personality.

Comments about this forum: The place is great and i always enjoy reading the members views, you guys area great bunch of posters. Congrats legend on a great setup you have here.

Cheers
bronco

Fav Team: Parramatta Eels.
Fav Other sport: Cricket, NFL
Sporting activities/pastimes: Coaching Juniors, Golf, Touch RL (too old for the real stuff)
Non Sporting activity: Computer programmer,guitar
Comments about myself: None that anyone would be interested in.
Comments about this forum: Great place with great people, best forum I've found by far.

Bebeto in Japan

Juniors
1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ? Parramatta Eels
2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? Deportivo La Coruna and Ipswich in soccer
3.) Approximately, where do you live ? Currently in Port Vila, Vanuatu, but son to be in Bossley Park in Western Sydney
4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ? Touch Football, indoor soccer, running.
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ? Bloody work (but that wlll end in a few days)
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ? I love shit stiring so don't take some of my comments to heart
7.) Any comments about this forum ? I am new here but it has been quite enjoyable. Thanks Willow and Legend for telling me about it. There are so many posts yet their are interesting enough to click on it and to read it. The other site (which most of us originally came from), you had to look for a thread which was worth clicking on.

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ? Souths

2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? Netball - North Melbourne Panthers, Sydney University Sandpipers

3.) Approximately, where do you live ? Melbourne

4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ? Walking, reading (military history), cryptic crosswords, family activities.

5.) What's your main non-sporting activity ? Work, work, work.

6.) Any other other comments about yourself ? I have been a Souths/League fan since 1951 but lived in Melbourne since 1980 (still haven't been to a AFL match). I am married with a couple of kids and work for a university. I am actually a genius (by Mensa standards) but I find myself getting mentally lazy as I get older.

7.) Any comments about this forum ? It's quite good, interesting to see the range of people and views. It's kind of like sitting with the footy crowd in the good old days (except for the bad language).
Cheers
Bigbopper )

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ? Newcastle Knights, Macquarie United Scorpions, South Lakes Swampies (Dora Creek)
2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? Like to watch cricket, cycling.
3.) Approximately, where do you live ? Lake Macquarie south of Newcastle
4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ? Cycling
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ? Going to uni to update my degree at present, which takes up about one day a week. I work five days a week. The other day I use for my real passion, which is researching aspects of Australian history. I am nearly ready to publish my first book, which is about a convict era bushranger gang from the Hunter Valley region previously known as the 'Jewboy' gang (I contend they should more correctly be known as 'Marshall's gang). This book took three years to research and two years to write.
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ? Old, fat, bald and ugly.
7.) Any comments about this forum ? It takes up too much of my time.

S

Southernsaint

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ? St George

2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? Favourite other sport is cricket & I support Celtic & Leeds United in the SPL & EPL respectively. I keep an eye on all sports except AFL generally.

3.) Approximately, where do you live ? I live in London but am from Sydney & can't wait to get home in time for season 2002!!

4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ? Not much - lazy games of touch & cricket in the yard when the weather is right!!

5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ? Travel - had the opportunity to go to some amazing places. I'm going hiking in Slovakia & Poland ina few weeks.

6.) Any other other comments about yourself ? Not much to say really - I think a few of you may know me from the WORL forum but I've been busy/in trouble with the boss which has held me back from posting. I'm more of a reader & contributer than an initiator of posts anyway!!

7.) Any comments about this forum Good to see less "I love Girds" posts & more sports posts, well done Legend.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Southernsaint:
Welcome to the forum, mate ... the more Saints supporters the merrier!
emthup.gif

S

Southernsaint

Yeah, Willow, quite a few familiar faces around here too - good to see!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

G@v

Juniors
G'day Southernsaint, welcome aboard!

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) Bradford Bulls, NZ Warriors and Newcastle Knights.
2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? Aussie Rules (Richmond) - Football ( Man United and Burnley)
3.) Approximately, where do you live ? Calderdale, West Yorkshire UK.
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ? Art, reading, computer stuff
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ? Big and mean on the outside, very shy, and known to have worst memory in human .......what's that word?
7.) Any comments about this forum ? Brilliant.....could do with a few more Poms though.

imported_kier

Juniors
1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ?
London Broncos, NZ Warriors, Sheffield, Gateshead and any other expansion club from the Rugby League Conference through to Lebanon.

2.) Favourite other sport / teams ?
Wimbledon FC

3.) Approximately, where do you live ?
Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK

I have played RU,tried rowing (river and coastal) and was a hammer thrower/shot putter in the past.......but RL is the only one I've stayed with. I also coach RL.

5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ?
Music - I've played guitar in bands since I was 15, mainly punk/rock, but I'm now playing in a blues/funk band (wah-wah-tastic!).
I've also been a keen sports historian.......I did have plans to write a book - but then I read "Rugby's Great Split", "The Forbidden Game" "The Evolution of English Sport" and "Empire Games" (among others) and realised several people had written it already.

6.) Any other other comments about yourself ?
Used to be a doorman (it paid my way through university) and still have the regulation flat-top haircut..........I realised long ago that a strong first impression would be of benefit in the teaching profession:)
Married to a Kiwi - will be moving to NZ in a years time.

7.) Any comments about this forum ?
I think it's great - somehow it seemed enevitable that it would be set up. I used to love the WORL forums (and will still go there if only for the "beding the whore" thread) but, just as I don't hang around skateparks and shopping centres any more, I prefer the more mature ambience here.

T

The Dawson Twins Minus 1

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ? Newtown Jets

2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? Soccer/Leeds United (but I far preferred them in the late 60s/early 70swhen Billy Bremner was playing for them - what a vicious little bastard he was...) and a soft spot for the N.Z. Warriors due to the number of them who played for us last year when we were the Warriors' 1st Div. feeder team.

3.) Approximately, where do you live ? Newtown N.S.W. (Born in Stanmore, grew up in Arncliffe).
4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ? Touch football every Sunday at Annandale
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ? Music - play guitar, bass & keyboards (last one very badly) and currently sing in a Country band. Work-wise, I write for a living - been doing it for 21 years (not that you can tellfrom my posts).
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ? 39 years old, can't abide the twerps who move into inner city suburbs for the vibrant night life and then want to make them into some sort of white-bread Pymble/Killara so they'll feel at home. You know the sort - they buy a cheap house next to a pub with live music then demand the pub close down because they hate the noise.
7.) Any comments about this forum ? Love the informed/considered posts. Glad to be among people who are interested in learning even though they know quite a bit already.
Also, I couldn't care less if Girds, Webke or Doug Lucas is a babe...

Ozbash2

Juniors
1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) NRL - NZ Warriors,ESL - St Helens.Tho really I enjoy watching any close games.

2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? Rugby,One dayers in cricket,Netball,Motor racing esp. Superbikes.

3.) Approximately, where do you live ? North of Kaitaia,top of New Zealand.Beautiful place,warmest spot in NZ thru winter.Great for those big fish.

4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ? Helping coach my daughter's netball team.Leading the chant from the sidelines during the kids Saturday games.Fishing when possible.

5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ?Would have to be mucking around on the computer.Tho going down to the beach with the kids and the dogs rates up there as well.

6.) Any other other comments about yourself ?The kids and their sport/school activities are a big part of my life.Being thewife of the famous shit stirrer,Ozbash,does make for a very interesting life at times.Can't pretend to agree with him all the time,tho a few good laughs are had.

7.) Any comments about this forum ?Good on Legend,this forum is definitely easy to read and not full of the crap seen on other forums.

Ramit54

Juniors
Favourite League Team(s)
Past; Balmain and Valleys
Current; Cowboys, Herbert River in Townsville and Burleigh Bears.
Fav other Sports;
Bocce, Cricket,Soccer (Man. City) and Boxing.
Where do i live;
Townsville N.Q
Sporting activities/pastime;
Junior league coach and administration, fishing an Bocce.
Non sporting activity;
Being with my family, reading, B-B-Qs,
About Myself;
Semi-Retired Telecommunications superviser, supported Balmain and Valleys for 40 years, love junior Rugby League,
Fat Bald and unfit.
Comments about his forum;
I enjoy most forums, Great Topics andtop bunch of posters.
Keep up the good work Legend.
Cheers Retread

L

legend

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ?Canberra Raiders
2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? NFL/Cricket
3.) Approximately, where do you live ?Auburn, Sydney, NSW
4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ?Life
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ?Looking after my son which is a fulltime job in itself
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ?What else would you like to know.
7.) Any comments about this forum ? A great range of high quality posters, regardless of age, sexual preference and team followed. Need a few stoushes though.

1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ? Parramatta
2.) Favourite other sport / teams ? NHL-Leafs, NFL-Eagles, MLB-Giants, AFL-Western Bulldogs, 500's-GO MAXIE GO!
3.) Approximately, where do you live ? Hills District (Now just how close are we Rasputin??) =)
4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ? Play Gridiron & am currently braking down each wall in my local squash courts while trying to master racquet ball.
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ? Work & my son. (Future Eels 5/8 even if I do say so myself!)
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ? "look at me, im a pony, im a pony..."
7.) Any comments about this forum ? Someone touched on it before but the lack of "xxxx is sexy/a babe/sooooooooo cute" is bloody brilliant & finally a forum with a sense of humour.

...Inquisitive little bugger aint ya! =) ...

R

roostergirl

1. Fave Rugby League team: Sydney Roosters
2. Fave other sports / teams: STAC (b/fs basketball team) and watching surfing
3. Approx, where do you live: Gold Coast Qld (same as Willow)
4.Other sports / pastimes: Not much!! Walking, Cycling & going to the beach
5. Main non-sporting activity: Work & Uni
6. Any other comments about yourself: I don't know all of the history & technical stuff about League but I love & support the game as much as anyone else.
7. Any comments about this forum:Great idea!! Not all girls think League is about how sexy Barrett & Girdler are.

Favourite Rugby league team: Canterbury, Leeds and Cabramatta
Favourite other sports: Premier League - Leeds, Basketball - West Sydney Razorbacks, NBA - Miami, dont mind a bit of golf either
Approximately where i live - South Western Sydney, in the wetherill park area
Other sporting activities - a bit of squash, a bit of golf and soccer from time to time
Non Sport Activities - A bit of a game console fan, fiddling around with computers, interested in psychology
Any other comments - ummm.....doing a degree at the moment in business, hopefully end up in the sports management field (hopefully!)...not much, pretty easy going and laid back
Comments on this forum - good site, lots of info and an intellectual bunch of posters. Always entertaining in many ways...
The Fan.

Latest posts