What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gimmick you most hated ?

W.Smith

Juniors
Dunno if this thread has been done before so my apologies if it has

For me it was Brutus Beefcake and The Barber gimmick...........Gee i hated it

I liked Brutus as a heel when he first came in back in the late 80s with Johnny V and then he and Greg Valentine became Tag Champs but when they dumped Brutus at WM 3 i started going off him and then he started the awful Barber gimmick.

Brutus then went on to become Disciple,Butcher and Booty Man proably my next 3 most hated gimmicks i think maybe sub consciously i wanted Brutus to keep his original gimmick

Moffo

Referee
Wrath and Mortis post losing their 'mystique'. Totally ruined them

Others:

1.) Mae West angles. All stupid
2.) Wolfpac. f**king lame
3.) Rey Traylor. Ugh
4.) Y2J when he first started in WWE. What a waste, never got over it

Big Pete

Referee
Y2J was awesome. One of the best debuts in the history of Pro Wrestling IMO.

I hated X-Factor or any Gay Gimmicks, just a waste of time.

Moffo

Referee
with all respect mate are you serious? he was so funny in WCW with his pisstake angles involving the likes of Malenko and Goldberg. Anyways he comes over, gets the big overhyped entrance and was never allowed to shine IMO

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've got to agree with Big Pete here, I liked how Y2J debuted - going up against the WWE's biggest star on your first night is a pretty impressive way to get debuted, if you ask me.

I hate gimmicks that have immense potential and get wasted by poor writing. Sean O'Haire's 'Devil's Advocate', Muhammed Hassan, and even Cena have all been buried by sh*thouse writing and/or booking.

thuganomics

Coach
Jericho had a great Debut. The Millienium count down was a great way of enterting, and he had a great promo with the Rock straight away. Impressive from my stand point.

I hated the X-Factor gimmick, as well as thier music.

Jono078

Referee
What about that Mordaiky (The guy who dressed in all white) (SP?) That was pretty hopeless.

Al Snow was hopeless with that doll.

DDP was also pretty bad in the WWE.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I wasn't an active fan during the X-Factor days. I know who was in the little stable, but what was their gimmick?

Big Pete

Referee
X-Factor was just a very bland sort of stable and that's it really, thuga may know more but I only started watching WWE when they were ending.

Big Pete

Referee
Thanks for that Evo...>.> <.<

Another thing from memory was that they were really whiney always complaining why they weren't getting their air time...

Enough said really.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I liked X-Factor :lol:

Worst gimmick? I really hate these Dicks. Any tag team named after male genitalia is an automatic failure for mine, but rubbing oil on themselves and stripping? Eww. And I swear I want to punch Cole and Tazz right in the nose everytime they make stupid jokes about them. "Looks like the Dicks are really up for this one!" SHUTUP!

..sorry about that :)

Ben

Bench
Any gimmick where stuttering is involved. I think its just stupid the way they act just to get the gimmick across to the viewers.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I thought Mordechai's gimmick had potential, but it wasn't played out at all well. Much like Sean O'Haire's ill-fated 'Devil's Advocate' one

Moffo

Referee
ahmed johnson when he was in WCW. Ugh

and psycho sids streak. absolute sh*te!

Latest posts