What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gippsland Rugby League

Azzafromqld

Juniors
Ah, so someone worked out the connection!

I still haven't been able to get in touch with Kiri Hiriaki, however the Latrobe Valley Express reported that there was a good chance of league dying in the greater Gippsland area. This was due to a shortage of players, as the VRL were poor in organising the draw so most of the 30 or so who were interested dropped off due to the poor organisation. Failure to form decent juniors and rising costs associated with playing are also being blamed. In all likelihood I'd think RL will wind up for 2004.
Kiri / kitty is part of the reason the team failed to continue

Azzafromqld

Juniors
You got the wrong ground for a start buddy, wildcat's/storms home ground was in Morwell itself and the reason the club folded was at the AGM the Hiriaki family was voted out as President and Secretary of the club so they destroyed any chance of getting another club started after telling the council to get stuffed, told our sponsors The crown hotel to get stuffed and sold off all the players kits then they pissed off to Geelong and started another club.
Me and my 2 brothers played for Storm/Wildcat's until it's demise
The home ground was the Maryvale recreation reserve on Grant st.

Latest posts