What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give the youngsters a go

Dragon10

Juniors
I think it's time to give some of these youngsters a go. We might go through a bit of pain now, but we already are.
I'd like to see Cummins (when he is back fit), Stockwell, Quinlan, Ryan and Drinkwater.
If they haven't got it, move on.
We must do something looking forward and not just use the likes of Harrisson, Cooper and Fien.

Ryan can't even get a game with the Cutters at the moment which is a shame they have John Kennedy who is doing a good job but he might now since Drinkwater is injured.

Stockwell should already be in first grade why he isn't really annoys me he should have a spot over Harrison on present form.

Quinlan is doing a fine job on the wing but he really isn't a centre and Beale is fullback so no place there maybe 5/8 but not sure if he has played alot in the halves recently.

BennyV

Referee
I think it's time to give some of these youngsters a go. We might go through a bit of pain now, but we already are.
I'd like to see Cummins (when he is back fit), Stockwell, Quinlan, Ryan and Drinkwater.
If they haven't got it, move on.
We must do something looking forward and not just use the likes of Harrisson, Cooper and Fien.

That's the problem - some of these blokes will need time to adjust to first grade, I imagine its a big step up from NYC and NSW Cup. They'd need to be given a few games, nearly half a season, to settle in and really start to display themselves.

I'd love to see some of them being blooded this year, but the team is struggling and it's unlikely they will shine straight away - the last thing they need is pressure to make things happen with the worry that they'll be dropped if they dont.

hardbaby

Coach
You look at Buchanen's form at the Tigers and ask why has he got a shot and Stockwell hasn't? I appreciate that our pack is better than theirs but if Buchanen is up for it, so too is Stockwell.

Elias1983

Coach
Good news re Drinwater

Josh Drinkwater has posted on his twitter account:

Looks like everythings fine with the shoulder and if needed id be fine to play this weekend #goodnews #veryhappy

TheRev

Coach
I havent seen enough of Green yet, but I dont understand why hes still so error-prone, its 12mths on from his 1st grade debut, I thought he'd be maturing a lil more.

Country Dragon

Juniors
I havent seen enough of Green yet, but I dont understand why hes still so error-prone, its 12mths on from his 1st grade debut, I thought he'd be maturing a lil more.
IMO, Vai Vai should get a crack before both Green and Vidot in the centres.

TheRev

Coach
IMO, Vai Vai should get a crack before both Green and Vidot in the centres.

Green isnt setting anythign alight, VaiVai is atleast exciting id be keen to see how he goes (unsure of his defence though, has anyone watched much of him?), I wouldnt expect him to crash into the scene though, he is going to get targeted and smashed defensively.

Vidot if were desperate, maybe Right Centre, but I just cant get behind this guys defense and football awareness..

Mr Red

First Grade
keep the young up and comers AWAY from first grade until we get a decent coach/mentor... having them exposed to Price's coaching will only harm their development.