What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GO BENNY HORNBY.... Blues side named

Ribs

Bench
Sensational work.......

Fullback
Ben Hornby
St George Illawarra Dragons

Wing
Anthony Minichiello
Sydney Roosters

Centre
Mark Gasnier

Centre
Matt Gidley
Newcastle Knights

Wing
Luke Lewis
Penrith Panthers

Five Eighth
Shaun Timmins

Half Back
Craig Gower
Penrith Panthers

Lock Forward
Craig Fitzgibbon
Sydney Roosters

Second Row
Andrew Ryan
Bulldogs

Second Row
Nathan Hindmarsh
Parramatta Eels

Prop Forward
Mark O’Meley
Bulldogs

Hooker
Danny Buderus (c)
Newcastle Knights

Prop Forward
Ryan O'Hara
Canberra Raiders

Interchange: Willie Mason Bulldogs, Brent Kite St George Illawarra Dragons, Trent Waterhouse Penrith Panthers and Craig Wing Sydney Roosters.

18th Man: Kurt Gidley Newcastle Knights.

Ribs

Bench
So we will be missing....

1 Hornby
2 Blacklock
3 Gasnier
4 Cooper

6 Barrett
7 Head
8 Bailey
9 Riddell (if suspended)
10 Ryles
11 Thompson
12 Kite
13 Timmins

Holy sh*t.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Not to mention the caning Saints will receive in the Salary Cap in the coming years when Kite & Hornby's contracts are renewed...

Cheers,
Ben S.

11Straight

Juniors
Ribs said:
So we will be missing....

1 Hornby
2 Blacklock
3 Gasnier
4 Cooper

6 Barrett
7 Head
8 Bailey
9 Riddell (if suspended)
10 Ryles
11 Thompson
12 Kite
13 Timmins

Holy sh*t.
:lol: :lol: Thats the whole first grade side my god!!.
Ah well what can ya do congrats to all the boys that made it.

Biglance

Bench
we are stuffed this friday nite

1. Greenshields
2. Creagh
3. Carlaw
4. Howell
5. Simmonds (c)

6. Russell
7. Gorrell

8. Sims
9. Withers
10. Poore

11. Young(c)
12. Katu
13. Howell

14. Norrie
15. Henderson
16. Powell
17. Jensen

worst case scenario now that all the boys are out and no origin ppl

young or simmonds as captain

surely thomo would risk alot to play we need long back as well
and riddell could be suspended

Simon

Juniors
Thompson, Blacklock and Head will be back this week. It still leaves the question of who will play 5/8th. Barrett, 1st choice, Timmins, 2nd choice and now Hornby, 3rd choice all out.

Sticks

Juniors
Getting back on topic. Great achievement by Benny H and Kitey.
I personally would have selected Timmo at lock and given Scotty Hill the No.6 jersey.
Mason on the bench :lol: :lol: . He was average at best against our injury ravaged side on Saturday ( a dozen hitups and a dozen tackles at best :clap: ) and I'm betting he'll go to water when the QLD'ers say 'BOO'!!.

Sticks

Biglance

Bench
how can u confirm this simon i mean people are always saying oh long back in one week

we need the bloke this time

Godz Illa

Coach
Congrats to Brent Kite, what a remarkable season he is having. Before round one he was a long shot of being retained for next year by the Dragons. Now, well Peter Doust should be scouring that piggy bank for any spare change to throw at Kite.

And Benny Hornby, I remember his debut a few years ago where Wendell Sailor trampled over him several times. The Hornbag has come a long way.

Kudos also to Gaz, who will finally get that blue jersey on his back, after being cruelled by injury in recent years. His season has also been remarkable. He's gone from doing a Jamie Lyon to taking Jamie Lyon's NSW spot.

Southernsaint

Staff member
We should run a sweep on who will be the first to come down with an injury at training & miss making their Origin debut a la Ricky Walford in the early '90's :evil:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Brent Kite has been in tremendous form this year.

Initially, I thought Hornby was a surprise selection at fullback, but I can understand the logic of him being in the side. He is a proven utility back who could play in a variety of positions and could slot into five eighth in a re-shuffle. Minichiello best suited to wing or fullback only.

Ribs

Bench
Who?

Kite has been playing fantastic football and the injuries to key second rowers has opened up a spot for him. I think its great to see a form player in there instead of the usual suspects......

He didnt take a step backwards in the city country either and I think the selectors have had their eyes on him for several weeks.

Nice av, Ben.

mini_thommo_and_sutty.jpg

How class is that pic?

http://www.celticbadges.com/joint1.htm - Some good Celtic - Leeds badges there that would make good avatar pics if you ever feel the need...

Southernsaint

Staff member
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Nice av, Ben.

mini_thommo_and_sutty.jpg

How class is that pic?

http://www.celticbadges.com/joint1.htm - Some good Celtic - Leeds badges there that would make good avatar pics if you ever feel the need...

I had to have something in honour of the 5-0 GREENwash. Sticks, Choc or the "proper" Saints logo will be back in due course.

Now where is that Bluenose that used to hang around in the Soccer forum?! :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.