What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go the Russians

JasonE

Bench
I'm hoping that Russia put up a good show v Wales on sunday, I havent seen their team lineup yet but hopefully they are at full strength and that massive 2ndrower Kiri Koulemine is playing. Wales are looking fairly weak so a good opportunity for the Russians to play well on the International stage.

global13

Juniors
I hope they put up a good shwowing too, but with a Weslsh victory at the end of it. A good win to the Welsh will give the follwing weeks game with Australia so much more build up in the press.

Glad to see Kelly going with some young Welsh players like Aled and Jordan James and also good to see Lenny Woodward back- ive heard he goes really good. The only down point I can see is having Atcheson at fullback. There is no doubt in my mind that Gibson is a far better player than him. Hopefully Kelly realises this before they play Australia as the Aussies would have a field day with Atcheson at the back.

All in all should be a great game. Cant wait.

Briza

Juniors
An article on the Wales V Russia game says it's on at 3pm, is this GMT or AEST ???

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Go Russia!!

Even if the Russians loose let's just hope it was a respectible score line!

RL needs a succesfull Russian side to promote RL internationally.....the fringe benefits would be amazing as Russia still has a strong influence on the former states of the USSR eg Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakstan, Lativia, Liturania etc...and this could be used to promote RL more so.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Russia's development is a great thnig for RL. To get Russia to be competetive, and the USA, and an increase in France, would be a great boon to League, and sound the death knell for Union.

Mango

Juniors
Misty bee,

To support your code is admirable, to pretend it is a current threat to RUGBY in the countries u nominated is stupidity. :roll:

iggy plop

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Go Russia!!

Even if the Russians loose let's just hope it was a respectible score line!

RL needs a succesfull Russian side to promote RL internationally.....the fringe benefits would be amazing as Russia still has a strong influence on the former states of the USSR eg Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakstan, Lativia, Liturania etc...and this could be used to promote RL more so.

Unfortunately the Russians were belted 74-4 by Wales.

JGB

Juniors
Wales ran in 14 tries,hatricks each for Woodward and Adam Hughes,Bateman and Ellis both scoring on their return.Russia's try coming from Sergei Dobrynin and was said to be the best of the game.

obsulete

Juniors
Mango the thing with fruit when its left too long is it rots it smells and it attracts flies.

Move on, your starting to sound like every onion head i've ever met and it got old a long time ago.

You spend all your time justifying why u love the other better that TGG that you forget to actually see whats right in front of you... A far superior product.

As far as the Russians go I'm assuming these important trials they were due to play as warms ups didn't take place??? Either way I'm glad Wales thumped them and hopefully we cause the Kangaroos grief going into the Ashes. Go WALES!!!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Mango, I take it you aint the Mango I know off another site.

However, IF league in France, the US and Russia was at a level where they were competetive with Australia, NZ and GB, League would be dwarfing Union.That's what I'm getting at, and it isn't stupid.

The Observer

Staff member
iggy plop said:
Unfortunately the Russians were belted 74-4 by Wales.

I predicted this Bears team were going to get beaten soundly but would not have anticipated it would be by this much.

When England A play Russia, the young English will have come off a gamew against the Kangaroos. I expect them to break 100 points without too much trouble and probably eclipse the 110-4 winning margin set by the Kangaroos in RLWC 2000.

The Colonel

Immortal
Having been to Russia and seen some of their teams play they have a great deal of talent over there. They are young, lack the flair of Australian and Kiwi sides but they are well drilled in the basics of the game. They have some huge forwards over there (though there could be doubts on how they become huge) and some quite quick young backs.

The areas in which they are currently playing - Moscow and Kazan in particular have embraced the game and it has grown remarkably in the space of two years.

They have some hard working and loyal officials who despite certain interests surrounding the game have been able to develop it quite well. They need to however have some of their "stars" develop in Australia or to a lesser extent England to be able to move into a competetive era with Australia, England and NZ.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Colonel Eel said:
Having been to Russia and seen some of their teams play they have a great deal of talent over there. They are young, lack the flair of Australian and Kiwi sides but they are well drilled in the basics of the game. They have some huge forwards over there (though there could be doubts on how they become huge) and some quite quick young backs.

The areas in which they are currently playing - Moscow and Kazan in particular have embraced the game and it has grown remarkably in the space of two years.

They have some hard working and loyal officials who despite certain interests surrounding the game have been able to develop it quite well. They need to however have some of their "stars" develop in Australia or to a lesser extent England to be able to move into a competetive era with Australia, England and NZ.

They have some huge forwards over there (though there could be doubts on how they become huge

What are you trying to say Colonel Eel??

As im Part Russian myself i put it down to 3 things...Holpichy, Vereniki & Bosh :lol:

This stuff is good food.