What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goal Kicking

Jeffles

Bench
Obviously a problem.

Not only does it mean we have to score more tries than them just to level up, it also presents a mental problem. It means scorelines run away from us faster than they do for other teams. This means the players are disheartened earlier.

But how do we solve it? It's hard enough to get the part timers to training outside work commitments. Spending ADDITIONAL time on goal kicking might be an ordeal. But it could mean so much.

Your thoughts?

izzo

Juniors
Put me into your team i can convert kicks from the sideline 25 metres out and im not talkign about getting 1 from 10 their i mean 9 from 10 , i can convert goals from the 40m line pushing the 45metre line. I can drop kick from the 50 and get them over , I can drop kick from all over the field and i can kick both right and left foot in the field of play.

Jeffles

Bench
I'd draft you izzo but you are a Souths fan. You'd throw the game next week :lol:

Izzo, great signature. Where is it from?

izzo

Juniors
Jeffles said:
I'd draft you izzo but you are a Souths fan. You'd throw the game next week :lol:

Izzo, great signature. Where is it from?

haha

'The Team in Red and Green" by Jim Haynes (1990)

Jeffles

Bench
With a part time squad training would be difficult. But even 15 minutes a night would make a huge difference IMO.

Troy Barnes and Alf Duncan can both kick.

I don't know about Ken Wilson training. He was a toe poker I think.

in the crowd

Juniors
True Ken was the old style but the theory is the same. Perhaps Phil Sigsworth who was an around the corner kicker and even kicked in one origin game and got one from the sideline.

The kicking has been woeful for the last three years. Barnes is a terrible goal kicker. He is one of the Jets best players though. One of the few who can break the line with a step and brilliant in cover defence.