What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

godner appreciation thread

Tommy Smith

Referee
"Roosters purchased a Premiership... so hollow!" says the Knights fan.

Meanwhile over at the Knights in 2019:

1. Ponga (purchased)
2. Lee (purchased)
3. Moga (purchased)
4. Ramien (purchased)
5. Kenny Dowall (purchased)
6. Watson (purchased)
7. Pearce (purchased)
8. Ese'ese (purchased)
9. Griffin (purchased)
10. Glasby (purchased)
11. Mata'utia
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Guerra (purchased)

That's not a glass house; that's a glass estate.

Lambretta

First Grade
Newcastle boy.

I've always wondered, does a purchased premiership feel like a hollow victory ? fortunately for RL there are clubs with juniors who invest in the game.

No, no it doesn't
It feels f**king awesome, thanks for asking

If you need someone to blame for our lack of Juniors, you can always blame Souths
That's who ran the NSWRL when the boundaries were changed to take Coogee, Randwick and Kensington from us.

OK, so Paddington left of their own accord when Souths offered free player jerseys but by then we were too busy buying the 2002 Premiership which was my personal favourite purchase.

Willie Ray

Bench
I don't mind Boyd...he's not the most elaborate speechmaker but he doesn't have to be...
tells it like it is and understands the media can burn him in an instant so he keeps it simple,
If you're looking for someone to take the sh*t run for ten metres and get smashed for the team that's his bread and butter.... He's a captain who's won an origin series,a minor premiership and a grand final in one season...and now he's the Kangaroo captain.
He's come a long way from the Old Bar Pirates.
Nice.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Boyd Cordner is the footballers' footballer.

The casual fan doesn't see anything flashy and so they wonder what all the fuss is about.

But every footballer - and I mean every single one - who has played with and talks about Cordner does so in almost reverential terms.

They understand the value of his relentless tough runs and ability to get a quick play the ball, the lines he runs, his defence, toughness, work ethic, leadership, and selflessness.

That's why they love him. So when Luke Keary lights up and says "he's one of the best players I've played with" I'll probably take his opinion over some of his esteemed LU critics like Dogs & Eels!!

Valheru

Coach
I know all you Cordner fans wouldn't have missed this over the weekend, but it deserves mentioning.

Our man became the first person in history to captain his club to a premiership, NSW to a SOO series victory and Australia to a test match victory in the same calendar year.

He is a true legend and we are blessed to be alive to see him perform.

M2D2

Bench
d86cd857ba25cfb7576f66e5f26b8844.jpg

Valheru

Coach
Our captain courageous has now been nominated for the golden boot.

His banner year continues.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Boyd Cordner is the footballers' footballer.

The casual fan doesn't see anything flashy and so they wonder what all the fuss is about.

But every footballer - and I mean every single one - who has played with and talks about Cordner does so in almost reverential terms.

They understand the value of his relentless tough runs and ability to get a quick play the ball, the lines he runs, his defence, toughness, work ethic, leadership, and selflessness.

That's why they love him. So when Luke Keary lights up and says "he's one of the best players I've played with" I'll probably take his opinion over some of his esteemed LU critics like Dogs & Eels!!
Everyone knows the only critics worth their salt are supporters of multiple mediocre sydney clubs!

King hit

Coach
Just imagine the reaction on here if Cordner wins the golden boot :joy:

Tedesco would be my pick of the nominees though