What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Touch Titans

Charlie124

First Grade
As far as luck goes, can anyone remember a club in recent history that have had more perceived "bad" luck/management which has later proven to turn out to be so beneficial to them against all logic?

Consider the following, to name just a few:
  • They land the prized signature of marquee halfback, DCE. He backflips on them. Dodged a massive bullet, he's been trash when not injured
  • In the process, they lose Aiden Sezer to the Raiders. Has been bog average at the Raiders
  • They lose QLD/AUS prop forward Nate Myles to the Sea Eagles. Has been in terrible form in a struggling club
  • Promising halfback Kane Elgey does his knee and misses the whole season. This allows them to sign Ash Taylor, who's been a sensation
  • Some idiot forges James Robert's signature, paving the way for him to leave for the Broncos. Has been complete shite, a shadow of his former self

Throw in some added bonuses like being in a position to make the midseason signings of Hurrell and Peats which no doubt they've been able to afford because of losing some of these big contracts.

Have any of the things that have "gone wrong" for the Titans this year or last, actually left them worse off in the end? It seems they've benefitted greatly from every single misfortune they've had.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Titans are a tough club, they have overcome all sorts of adversity to go well beyond most people's expectations this year. Well done to them.

tomdl

Bench
Now they just need Zillman to injure himself the weekend before Mead returns from injury so Mead can finally play fullback where he should be.

BM1979

Juniors
As far as luck goes, can anyone remember a club in recent history that have had more perceived "bad" luck/management which has later proven to turn out to be so beneficial to them against all logic?

Consider the following, to name just a few:
  • They land the prized signature of marquee halfback, DCE. He backflips on them. Dodged a massive bullet, he's been trash when not injured
  • In the process, they lose Aiden Sezer to the Raiders. Has been bog average at the Raiders
  • They lose QLD/AUS prop forward Nate Myles to the Sea Eagles. Has been in terrible form in a struggling club
  • Promising halfback Kane Elgey does his knee and misses the whole season. This allows them to sign Ash Taylor, who's been a sensation
  • Some idiot forges James Robert's signature, paving the way for him to leave for the Broncos. Has been complete shite, a shadow of his former self

Throw in some added bonuses like being in a position to make the midseason signings of Hurrell and Peats which no doubt they've been able to afford because of losing some of these big contracts.

Have any of the things that have "gone wrong" for the Titans this year or last, actually left them worse off in the end? It seems they've benefitted greatly from every single misfortune they've had.

They scored McQueen too because Souths were desperate to bring back Sammy didn't they

Vic Mackey

Referee
A lot of credit needs to go to Neil Henry. Don't think many others would have the success he's having with this roster.

taipan

Referee
North Sydney used to be my second favourite club,now its the Titans under Henry.
He gets the best out of his players,and after all the crap that happened in the past with that club,they deserve a bit of good fortune .

North Sydney used to be my second favourite club,now its the Titans under Henry.
He gets the best out of his players,and after all the crap that happened in the past with that club,they deserve a bit of good fortune .

I'm the same
I used to have the Warriors as my second club ....but Jesus it's hard watching them .
So much talent so much lacklustre effort in many games .
I'd hate to be a warriors fan ..

But the Titans have won me over the last few seasons .
The off field dramas..
The injury toll when they begin a season so well .
They seem to be cursed .
Yet here they are with a bunch of players ...mostly no big names, cast offs from other clubs & are now at the bottom of the 8 .
Henry has got them I playing as a great unit .
Can turn it on at times . Can grind out a win if needed .
I really hope they make the finals ....their long suffering loyal fans deserve some reward .
Even if out week 1 the future looks pretty good .

some11

Referee
If they sign Ponga and turf Zillman it'd be a one year rebuild without ever having to utter the phrase "five year plan".

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
shillington went back to his best when he wasn't injured this year, stats alone he isn't much difference from myles in workload but there is just that more effort and intent in everything that makes a huge difference. Paasi is the same.

Was worried mcqueen would slip into dave taylors role of parking on the fringe and doing the absolute minimum but he's been solid so far. Anthony Don is in the nightingale mould of just moving and looking awkward and just never really giving an impression of a natural athlete but constantly coming up with great finishes and racking up 100+m more often than not.

Isn't the best of rosters but from what they have shown and the types of blokes they have you would be struggling to find anyone who takes short cuts during the fitness sessions. Makes all the difference in the end

Lambretta

First Grade
They're a bunch of players who are huge on effort

Chuck in a couple of really talented players and that's a mix that will win you a lot of games

I am super pleased for the Titans and the way they've performed this season. I just hope the locals appreciate them and start to turn up in numbers to watch them

T-Boon

Coach
If the NRL was not full of people who cannot see beyond their own self interest the Titans would be allowed an extra million under their salary cap so as to be able to attract great players.
They need one or two great players with Qld links (like Inglis, Cronk or to a lesser extent Norman) in order to attract a crowd.
Unfortunately it is far more likely that the Broncos (who don't have a salary cap at all) will decimate this team by claiming anyone who comes good - in particular Taylor.
As a matter of self pride the game needs the Titans to come good make the finals regularly and beat down the Suns.

Incorrect

Coach
If the NRL was not full of people who cannot see beyond their own self interest the Titans would be allowed an extra million under their salary cap so as to be able to attract great players.
They need one or two great players with Qld links (like Inglis, Cronk or to a lesser extent Norman) in order to attract a crowd.
Unfortunately it is far more likely that the Broncos (who don't have a salary cap at all) will decimate this team by claiming anyone who comes good - in particular Taylor.
As a matter of self pride the game needs the Titans to come good make the finals regularly and beat down the Suns.

The Suns are now travelling a similar path to the Titans... They showed some promise and were building on a decent foundation initially but the last 2 seasons they've regressed and gone from looking finals contenders in 2014 to spoon candidates. Titans started off with a fair bit of promise, but after a couple of finals appearances, they've been ordinary.

Not sure what it is but the Gold Coast seems a bit of a graveyard for sports teams... The Giants, Seagulls, Chargers now Titans in League, Suns in fumbleball, that A-League team that last 1 season was it? The Cougars/Rollers in the NBL.... Where are you Andre LeFleur??!! You can't say the region has been ignored....

Latest posts