What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gooday.....

Hello all,

Just surfing around the internet superhighway before, i came upon the world of rugby league message boards. Looking at the childish nature of that board, i decided to click on the next one and low and behold, i have found an intelligent place!

Anyways, a bit about me. Im from the glorious hideaway (otherwise known as Hobart) in Tasmania. I take an interest in most sports, but with us recently getting foxtel, i have taken more of a look at league. As this website seems quite rugby league orientated, i think i will stick around.

So if anyone wants to tell me some new 2 headed tassie jokes or wants to know how we survive without electricity, just gimme a buzz
emteeth.gif

ABCrom

L

legend

Welcome aboard Abercrombie Lane, nice to have someone from the apple isle gracing us with their prescence. Rugby League is the main focus here but by no means the only sport we discuss. We have many discussions on AFL, Rugby, Boxing, NFL, Basketball, Cricket and we even dabble in political and social issues so if you have an opinion, by all means, let's hear it.

emteeth.gif

El Duque

Bench
G'day there Abercombie Lane.I presume your related to punter??
emwink.gif

Just curious as you say you have Foxtel but according to the Foxtel site they don't cover Tassie??

fetch.dll

Sorry lads, i was just translating it for you 'northerners'
emsmilep.gif
Most of Austar these days is Fox anyways, so excuse the mix-up of terms....

Thanks for the welcome gents (im assuming gents
emwink.gif
).....

ABCrom

J

Johnsy

Welcome A-L
I am also from the apple isle, born in Campbell Town. I left when I was 2 so i have no memory, in saying that my wife and I are looking at going down for our 10th wedding anniv in a couple of years. In short welcome and enjoy your long stay, Regards.
Johnsy

O

ozbash

kia ora A/L, great to see you here.
do they play league in tasmania?
whats the most popular sport in tassie?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
El Duque:
That looks like one of those maps they have to show the spread of Cane Toads or Rabbits. Oh I see, its do with the the Fox plague.... gosh, this is a tough room!

Abercrombie Lane: Welcome aboard! I used to live in Abercrombie Street in Sydney - I dont suppose you're related are you?
emwink.gif

When you get a chance, have a browse down the left hand side bar and click on a few links. The 'Get To Know You' section is new and a good starting place. You can start new discussions in any of the relevant sections. The 'Chat Room' is generally used on Monday and Tuesday nights.
Cheers
emthup.gif

Thanks for the sporting welcome lads.

Ozbash, the ol aieral pingpong in numero uno in the apple isle. That said, Tasmanians in general aren't huge sports followers, mainly because we have bugger all facilities!

Abercrombie Street Willow?? Never heard of it, but im sure it isn't as great a spot as Abercrombie Lane is
emteeth.gif

Cheers MFC, are 3 heads better than one?? hehe

ABCrom

Tassie is one of my favourite parts of Australia. I love the way people seem to dress nicely. No shorts and thongs.
My other favourite is the south west of western Australia. It is just a pity that the people in those areas don't know about good football. I suppose I'll just have to stick with the hunter Valley, the home of Clive Churchill and Andrew Johns, the two greatest ever footballers.

P

pepe

g'day abercrombie

nice to see a tasmanian on deck being half tasmanian myself but keep that just between us!!!!
i briefly went to school in wynard years back,also the family had a house down in dover which is near southport,i still have a few aunts down there and love visiting the state,i prefer launceston with it's magnificent architecture,
which part of the state are you in mate?

i presume you are a storm supporter as most tasmanians have a tie to melbourne,what size beannie are you?

cheers pepe