What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodwin re-signs

raidersforme

Juniors
Goodwin re-signs with Raiders until 2011

April 17, 2008 - 3:32PM

Canberra have put their faith in Bronx Goodwin to become the club's long-term solution in the No.1 jumper, re-signing the talented youngster until the end of the 2011 NRL season.
With William Zillman set to move to the Gold Coast next year, the Raiders moved quickly to lock up the son of former St George great Ted Goodwin.
"It's good for me and the club has been kind in giving me three years so I'm happy," Goodwin said.
"I've got the fullback position now, and I've got to keep working on my own game and hopefully keep the spot for a long time to come."
Raiders chief executive Don Furner said Goodwin's re-signing was a must for the club.
"Bronx has always had the talent ... there's a good group of guys here and they're close mates and that's been prevalent in the other guys we've been speaking to as well," Furner said.
"I think we have a really good bunch of blokes here with no big egos and they all get on really well."
© 2008 AAP

Raider_69

Post Whore
Now that Goddwin's on board all we need is Goodwin to sign on and we're set
Well in Brad Goddwin!

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Great news. Good to see a bloke with passion for the club. He is the type of player who is going to have the odd shocker and be howled down by many but I would rather have him at the back than someone here for the short term. No doubt his mateship with Todd Carney had a lot to do with it. Expect to hear confirmation on Campo, Weyman and the like in the near future.

Interesting to read that TLL sees his future in the front row and with the likelihood of Costigan leaving we are suddenly looking a bit light on for quality back rowers. Hoping the club can secure a couple of forwards and outside backs although Kennedy, Thompson and Carney will hopefully step up to the NRL in 2009 (if not sooner). I also hope that the mail about Flanagan is off the mark, I think Withers and Hinchliffe are capable enough. Rather see the money spent in other positions.

mongoose

Coach
Hopefully he continues the trend of this club having great fullbacks.

Belcher - 1986 - 1993
Mullins - 1994 - 2000
Schifofske - 2001 - 2006

All played rep footy, i reckon bronx can do it.

Timbo

Staff member
Fan-freaking-tastic.

Some great news after a month of bad stuff.